Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creed movie thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creed was really good. Micheal B. Jordan should have been nominated for an Oscar for Fruitvale Station last year. He was awesome in that as well as The Wire and Friday Night Lights.
    Was a little worried when they announced this one but it turned out well. Stallone was awesome and was a logical next step for him that he would step into a Mickey type roll. The fight scenes were ok. There is a vine out there of Micheal B. Jordan really taking a hit that KO's him to make the scene look real. He took a hell of a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
      Creed was really good. Micheal B. Jordan should have been nominated for an Oscar for Fruitvale Station last year. He was awesome in that as well as The Wire and Friday Night Lights.
      Was a little worried when they announced this one but it turned out well. Stallone was awesome and was a logical next step for him that he would step into a Mickey type roll. The fight scenes were ok. There is a vine out there of Micheal B. Jordan really taking a hit that KO's him to make the scene look real. He took a hell of a shot.
      Have you or any one else seen the revenant? Which was better

Comment

I honestly was not that impressed..it was ok

Comment

It was solid, better than I expected. Stallone was great and so was Creed's gf. Jordan did well but I'd like to see him branch out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Same here. First half was brilliant, second half kinda meh. Jordan was excellent and Rosado, Ward, and Bellew were all pretty good. Fighting scenes were a bit over the top at times, but still the best I've seen in a boxing movie. Unlike Stallone, Jordan actually moved like a boxer.
            Try Crying fist. Good story, believable boxing(for the most part).

Here's a sparring scene, fients, jab parry, pivots, head movement, leverage(albiet noodle armed) and one long shot and they actually hit eachother accidently a few times making it even sweeter. West take notes with your robotic bodybuilding bums.

The final fight is the best(especially the first half) but no spoilers from me. It's a great movie if you want to watch a boxing film that isn't completely cringe worthy when it comes down to the actual boxing, there is atleast some semblance of skills displayed here by the protagonists.
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-10-2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Try Crying fist. Good story, believable boxing(for the most part).

Here's a sparring scene, fients, jab parry, pivots, head movement, leverage(albiet noodle armed) and one long shot and they actually hit eachother accidently a few times making it even sweeter. West take notes with your robotic bodybuilding bums.

The final fight is the best(especially the first half) but no spoilers from me. It's a great movie if you want to watch a boxing film that isn't completely cringe worthy when it comes down to the actual boxing, there is atleast some semblance of skills displayed here by the protagonists.
              Not surprising... The Far Eastearn cinema has always been aces with fight choreography... Makes western action films look like playground bullies in a sandbox.

I'll check the film out.

On topic, Creed was cool. Some questionable moments of course.... The most cringeworthy moment of the film for me involved four wheelers and bikes.... I liked the movie though. Rocky as a wise coach was interesting to see and kept the movie worth a look

Comment

Was funny to see Ward in there

Comment

"Creed" is a worthy successor to ‘Rocky’

I admit to being fairly knocked out by “Creed,” a movie that is not just about boxing, which I have never cared about, but also is a sequel to the “Rocky” franchise, which I pretty much gave up on 25 years ago, roundabout “Rocky V.”

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Have you or any one else seen the revenant? Which was better
                    No one is saying it was the best movie of the year. The Revenant was really good as well.
                    It was a solid movie and one that people didn't expect to turn out as well as it did. When it was announced many people said it was just Stallone cashing in after the 6th movie was not that good. Stallone had a great performance and the movie was solid. Don't exaggerate what people are saying here.
                    Last edited by QballLobo; 01-11-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Stallone won the golden globe for Best Supporting Actor in Creed. Oscar nominations come out later this week almost a guarantee he is up for an Oscar as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X