No announcement yet.

Brook to fight Bizier next, no Chaves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    If he doesn't fight Chaves next I'll definitely lose a lot for him. Can't support another Calzaghe, it was hard enough the first time.

If he wants to be the best, fight the best. No more sitting around waiting for Khan. The Bradley fight should be ripe, do that. Screw Bizier and the IBF.

But I can't see how the IBF can mandate someone when they've granted a voluntary? Never heard of that before.
    I'd love the Bradley fight but why would he fight Brook in the UK? He'll probably have better offers.

It's Chaves or bust really.

Comment

I mean... he isn't because Brook beat him comfortably, but I get what your saying. Brook needs to step up his competition quickly. He is becoming a laughing stock.

Comment

Shocking if true.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        What the **** is wrong with the welterweight division? No one fights each other
        I'm fed up with it at the moment. We don't even have Floyd to blame now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          I'd love the Bradley fight but why would he fight Brook in the UK? He'll probably have better offers.

It's Chaves or bust really.
          Only if he gets Pacquiao I think.

HBO would probably be all over that fight and it'd be on PPV on Sky. I mean, Bradley made less than 2million in his last fight. I think he'd make more than Brook on regular HBO + Sky PPV.

At least that makes a lot of sense and according to Hearn Bradley's team are keen. But of course, Pacquiao would be #1 priority.

Comment

even a mediocre fighter like chaves was just too big a risk

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Only if he gets Pacquiao I think.

HBO would probably be all over that fight and it'd be on PPV on Sky. I mean, Bradley made less than 2million in his last fight. I think he'd make more than Brook on regular HBO + Sky PPV.

At least that makes a lot of sense and according to Hearn Bradley's team are keen. But of course, Pacquiao would be #1 priority.
              There's Pacquiao, Cotto or Canelo for Bradley.

Hearn should at least make an offer since a unification would override a mandatory so there's no excuse.

Comment

I'll give Brook the benefit of the doubt because Bizier is apparently a mandatory challenger. So I'll give him a pass there...

But let's recap his opponents post Porter: Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin and now Kevin Bizier...

Guys, these are not good opponents. I was worried that Kell and his team would try to live off that Porter win as much as possible and that looks to be the case so far. His next fight, after he demolishes Bizier, has to be against a better opponent. These guys aren't even top 15. I think Bizier is ranked like 19th???

Comment

There's Pacquiao, Cotto or Canelo for Bradley.

Hearn should at least make an offer since a unification would override a mandatory so there's no excuse.
                  Yeah but we have to assume Chaves is still on the cards? Or what?

Hearn was a bit so-so when discussing it. The lack of news is worrying.

Canelo/Cotto for Bradley? I don't know. I don't think his wife would be very smart to send him in with those guys.

Pacquiao yes.

Comment

Are the IBF enforcing this though? I've only heard from Bizier's manager so far. I would think Brook would have longer to face him.

Personally I'm not going to accept the "get the mandatory out of the way for Khan in the summer" excuse.

It's going to look like Brook pulled Chaves out of the IBF rankings and then ducked him with a phony injury to fight Bizier. Chaves would have easily beaten Bizier and would have been the mandatory.
                    Hmm yeah I dont know.

If it turns out Brook ducked Chavez to take on Bizier then he wont have a leg to stand on with me.

Just have to wait for more news.

Comment

Chaves should've gone through the mandatory route, cuz it would've done 3 things for him:

1) clear ring rust
                      2) much needed win, confidence booster
                      3) mandatory status

I'm surprised there hasn't been any English coverage on it. All I find are various French Canadian outlets, although they are all saying the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X