Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward: "im not interested in talking about lil g anymore... I wanna fight the best"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    look it up yourself bro....GGG is ancient with a 25 year olds resume
    you're the one who made the Pryor reference. I figured you might have an example in mind. It seems not.......

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      you're the one who made the Pryor reference. I figured you might have an example in mind. It seems not.......
      I collected ring ****zines as a kid and was a big fan of his...I read an interview where he said it himself, it was so long ago, but he said he moved up because he couldn't get big fights at 135 in the late 70s....he started as a lightweight

my point is, you look for opportunities you don't wait on them and GGG is running out of time, if no one wants to fight him then move up

Charley Burley did this...need a source....he was a world rated welterweight beat Zivic but Zivic got the shot vs Armstong so he fought middleweights and lt heavies

never got a title shot

Other fighters moved up when they felt avoided....Paul Williams left 147 in search of people willing to fight....he found them.....he was a monster too...they were ducking him too doe.....a 6'3" ww....when he faced top guys all the hoopla and hype wasn't justified but he did chase glory instead of get credit for fights that never happened

Lara, Martinez kicked his ass but he had the balls to move up when the welterweights "avoided" him

Comment

I collected ring ****zines as a kid and was a big fan of his...I read an interview where he said it himself, it was so long ago, but he said he moved up because he couldn't get big fights at 135 in the late 70s....he started as a lightweight

my point is, you look for opportunities you don't wait on them and GGG is running out of time, if no one wants to fight him then move up

Charley Burley did this...need a source....he was a world rated welterweight beat Zivic but Zivic got the shot vs Armstong so he fought middleweights and lt heavies

never got a title shot

Other fighters moved up when they felt avoided....Paul Williams left 147 in search of people willing to fight....he found them.....he was a monster too...they were ducking him too doe.....a 6'3" ww....when he faced top guys all the hoopla and hype wasn't justified but he did chase glory instead of get credit for fights that never happened

Lara, Martinez kicked his ass but he had the balls to move up when the welterweights "avoided" him

The problem GGG faces is that there really are no "great" options for him, and at the moment his best option is to unify 160 (canelo, lee-saunders winner) and hope for the best (ala hopkins)

the 1 possible big name fight at 168 (ward) wasnt really viable (for a number of reasons that have already been thoroughly debated)

I do think you underestimate his talent though. Think about it. The ONLY name people can mention that could potentially beat him is a top 3 p4p fighter 2 divisions north. That says alot.........

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          The problem GGG faces is that there really are no "great" options for him, and at the moment his best option is to unify 160 (canelo, lee-saunders winner) and hope for the best (ala hopkins)

the 1 possible big name fight at 168 (ward) wasnt really viable (for a number of reasons that have already been thoroughly debated)

I do think you underestimate his talent though. Think about it. The ONLY name people can mention that could potentially beat him is a top 3 p4p fighter 2 divisions north. That says alot.........
          the eye test is great now its time to beat elite fighters....he is too good a fighter to be in with club fighters and fringe guys so often

Im not underestimating anything....I acknowledge his talent but I cant say how good he is if his comp is ok to crappy....you know a fighters worth based off opposition, not the eye test...that's what it boils down to in the end

what is he gonna do when he is being hit back...what is he gonna do when plan A isn't working...if he keeps fighting the Monroe's, Stevens and Lemieux types we'll never know

IMO Quillen, Chunky, Lee, would answer questions...and have a good shot against him....IMO he isn't good enough to beat Ward and never was....even if they fought years ago at 168 ot catchweight....Ward is at 175 its not worth talking about

Comment

the eye test is great now its time to beat elite fighters....he is too good a fighter to be in with club fighters and fringe guys so often

Im not underestimating anything....I acknowledge his talent but I cant say how good he is if his comp is ok to crappy....you know a fighters worth based off opposition, not the eye test...that's what it boils down to in the end

what is he gonna do when he is being hit back...what is he gonna do when plan A isn't working...if he keeps fighting the Monroe's, Stevens and Lemieux types we'll never know

IMO Quillen, Chunky, Lee, would answer questions...and have a good shot against him....IMO he isn't good enough to beat Ward and never was....even if they fought years ago at 168 ot catchweight....Ward is at 175 its not worth talking about

fair point, but its hard to give you that measuring stick, when time after time after time the top middleweights have avoided him at all costs.....

Comment

So who is your next opponent, Andre.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                He knows he's not interested but will continue to mention GGG because GGG is the one with the fans. Mentioning his name keeps people talking about him.
                Maybe. But the guy is content in making $2 million per fight fighting bums every two years or so. I think getting his name associated with GG strokes his pretentious ego. Funny part is it serves these GG-hating clowns well.

Comment

Bull sh it! GGG will knock out lee quillen and anyone else at 160 and you will just say oh they were c level fighters. Keep on hating bro

Comment

Poor Little G, Ward has turned him from a big bad boogieman to a puppy dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Bull sh it! GGG will knock out lee quillen and anyone else at 160 and you will just say oh they were c level fighters. Keep on hating bro
                      so im hater because he hasn't beat 1 elite fighter? I'll be that then Quillin and Lee will be his best/most dangerous opponents to date

Sorry im not a Pacquaio fanatic who did that when Mayweather beat who they said he wouldn't fight

I don't roll like that and I give credit when its due

1)GGG has elite talent
                      2) He doesn't have an elite resume
                      3) He is not a top ten p4p in my book
                      4) He'll get credit when he earns it like everyone else...face it bro his resume is trash for all the hype....I like him as fighter but he has to beat elite fighters...you know he hasn't so why are you in your feelings

Comment

Working...
                      X