No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Cotto vs Canelo PPV surpasses 900,000 PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... huh?

In every other instance in the history of PPV, at the earliest, the satellite providers have needed at least a full week to put together their initial projections (from which everyone then takes their initial projections for the entire event).

The event was on PPV Saturday, the fight was still being sold as PPV on Sunday, yet Dan Rafael can already confidently project the event's buyrate Monday morning? gtfoh

Comment

Impressive numbers, with very little promotion. 900 plus k probably be just a bit over 1 million at the end of the day.

Comment

The more, the better, it was a pretty exciting fight so the more casuals that watched means more fans for boxing, anyone watching that fight wouldn't have been turned off from boxing put it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          In every other instance in the history of PPV, at the earliest, the satellite providers have needed at least a full week to put together their initial projections (from which everyone then takes their initial projections for the entire event).

The event was on PPV Saturday, the fight was still being sold as PPV on Sunday, yet Dan Rafael can already confidently project the event's buyrate Monday morning? gtfoh
          he didnt predict the buyrate, he gave an opinion as to the "at least" number

Comment

GGG is the clear b side.....he can't draw flies to **** as far ppv goes despite having the machine behind him. He will have to do whatever canelo says if he wants the fight. Wbc doesn't mean **** and canelo is bigger than the wbc......he is the ring/lineal champ.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              based on literally nothing, as the fight was still being sold within 24 hour of the post. rally behind that, if you want.

when ten days passes, and the satellite operators actually have a count (which will then be projected onto the cable operators), I hope you're still looking to defend the numbers at 700k PPV buys projected

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                Which no one has ever done so quickly before...

And yet people buy it hook, line and sinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  based on literally nothing, as the fight was still being sold within 24 hour of the post. rally behind that, if you want.

when ten days passes, and the satellite operators actually have a count (which will then be projected onto the cable operators), I hope you're still looking to defend the numbers at 700k PPV buys projected

i predicted 650-750k, but it would be awesome for boxing if this does over 900k, and over a million would be spectacular. I dont have a dog in this fight, as nobody is sharing any ppv money with me regardless of what I post lol

Comment

Awesome for the sport if it's true. Just hope it doesn't result in an immediate rematch or a Canelo/Floyd rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                      GGG is the clear b side.....he can't draw flies to **** as far ppv goes despite having the machine behind him. He will have to do whatever canelo says if he wants the fight. Wbc doesn't mean **** and canelo is bigger than the wbc......he is the ring/lineal champ.
                      So a good matchup between to top fighters isn't what is important to you,

its whoever is the a side and can sway all the advantages in your favor is what matters to you in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X