Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So was the new improved Cotto just smoke a mirrors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, I think it was mostly the PR's who had him winning around here. Most of us saw his Roach collaboration for what it really was. I mean Delvin? Geale? Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      He never landed any punches to hurt Canelo last night. People are making it sound like he only beat Cotto because of his size advantage but he was the better fighter in every way last night
      Cotto landed a lot of clean shots, especially early.. Canelo walked right thru them and walked Cotto down.. Made Cotto gunshy and that's why when roach was telling him to walk down Canelo behind the jab and push him back, Cotto didn't do it. He felt Canelo's power and couldn't hurt or discourage Canelo at all, and basically went into survival mode to last all 12 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        He never landed any punches to hurt Canelo last night. People are making it sound like he only beat Cotto because of his size advantage but he was the better fighter in every way last night
        Cotto was getting tagged with massive shots last night. I had a room full of people yelling and hooting every time Canelo rocked him. Random people were blurting out stuff like "Cotto is getting phucked up" or "Cotto looks like he was hurt" as the fight progressed. Cotto got schooled, I gave him a few rounds but no way was this a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Cotto landed a lot of clean shots, especially early.. Canelo walked right thru them and walked Cotto down.. Made Cotto gunshy and that's why when roach was telling him to walk down Canelo behind the jab and push him back, Cotto didn't do it. He felt Canelo's power and couldn't hurt or discourage Canelo at all, and basically went into survival mode to last all 12 rounds
          lol Cotto landed like 20% of his punches..... thats not even how the fight went down. Your making it sound like it was a pressure fighter vs a boxer but it was a chess match all the way and Cotto got thoroughly outclassed by the better boxer

Comment

He fought on pretty even terms with the consensus #1 154 pounder. What was smoke and mirrors about that?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Cotto was getting tagged with massive shots last night. I had a room full of people yelling and hooting every time Canelo rocked him. Random people were blurting out stuff like "Cotto is getting phucked up" or "Cotto looks like he was hurt" as the fight progressed. Cotto got schooled, I gave him a few rounds but no way was this a close fight.
              Yah even the Canelo haters at my house were impressed lol they had to give him props after that sonning he gave Kneeguel

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                How am I being salty? Of course size plays a factor. he was hitting way harder than cotto cause he's big as fuk lol
                Nah. Cotto got schooled by the better boxer. End of discussion

Comment

Cotto fought fine.. He just couldnt hurt Canelo.. Too small or Canelo too big..

Let Cotto fight a bradley, thurman, charo, Andrade, Maidana, etc and Cotto will be much more effective because his punches will actually have effect
                  i'm not saying he can't beat some of those guys but he lost to trout clearly. trout, floyd, and canelo all beat him and those were the guys that weren't old/crippled that he fought over the last 6 years.

Comment

Basically. Then he got upset and refused to talk to Max and attend the post fight presser like an unprofessional crybaby b!tchh. So dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      yes it was smoke and mirrors. the last 6 years since moving up to 147 had been very carefully managed. went 1-2 against ranked guys at 154 with the one win being over yuri foreman. beat a clearly shot martinez who should have lost to murray, then beat a drained geale and now lost to canelo. a lot of notable fights that kept him in the spotlight but there's not much substance there.
                      Most likely this.

Comment

Working...
                      X