Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So was the new improved Cotto just smoke a mirrors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    He looked slow,weak and threw the same combo's over and over again last night. I was rooting for him and picked him to win,but honestly he looked pretty bad last night. At times Canelo was even playing with him and looked bored at times.
    i liked cotto better and thought he would win, but was rooting for canelo.
    however, cotto's performance was odd. he seemed to never have any snap in his punches from the beginning bell. meh. maybe canelos power got his respect early.

Comment

Cotto's been shot for 3 years.

Comment

maybe, but he also fought a much better defensive fighter this time

I can't believe how good Canelo' D is. He is slow, thick, and looks more like a RB than a boxer. But his upper body movement, reflexes, and waist movement rendered Cotto's best weapon (jab) highly ineffective.

I would say careful management, Sergio's corpse, and Canelo's D are all to blame.

It was a great late career run regardless. He had no business being the lineal MW champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
          LOL size had nothing to do with the fight quit being a salty *****
          How am I being salty? Of course size plays a factor. he was hitting way harder than cotto cause he's big as *** lol

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
            maybe, but he also fought a much better defensive fighter this time

I can't believe how good Canelo' D is. He is slow, thick, and looks more like a RB than a boxer. But his upper body movement, reflexes, and waist movement rendered Cotto's best weapon (jab) highly ineffective.

I would say careful management, Sergio's corpse, and Canelo's D are all to blame.

It was a great late career run regardless. He had no business being the lineal MW champion.
            Dude was slick as fck last night lol

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
              Well he's had nothing but soft touches since he hooked up with freddy.

Devlin Rodriguez, A shot crippled martinez and a weight drained Geale who had never fought below 160 in his life.

It's not hard to look good when you're facing weak opposition.
              Exactly what I was saying before the fight. Fighting weak, handicapped opposition will not properly prepare you for a fight against a legit threat.

Comment

you're wrong, Larry...the old Cotto would have been stopped!

that's all i got..

Comment

Cotto fought fine.. He just couldnt hurt Canelo.. Too small or Canelo too big..

Let Cotto fight a bradley, thurman, charo, Andrade, Maidana, etc and Cotto will be much more effective because his punches will actually have effect

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Cotto fought fine.. He just couldnt hurt Canelo.. Too small or Canelo too big..

Let Cotto fight a bradley, thurman, charo, Andrade, Maidana, etc and Cotto will be much more effective because his punches will actually have effect
                    He never landed any punches to hurt Canelo last night. People are making it sound like he only beat Cotto because of his size advantage but he was the better fighter in every way last night

Comment

I think there is still life in Cotto.

He looked better against his previous opponents as they weren't anywhere near as good as Canelo. He faced a top quality, younger, bigger fighter last night.

I think he fits well with Roach, and would look good in a final fight next year against someone like Bradley. Just last night was a big ask.

Comment

Working...
                      X