Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Scorecards Here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fascinating to me that people would even have the cojones to act like its a controversy.

Cotto was beaten up. And, although some rounds were very close--he still lost nearly all of them.

In boxing it's possible to lose every round by a fraction and lose the fight by a wide margin. Just like its possible to win every round and get knocked out and lose the fight. The reason why the sport is intriguing and compelling is because of that fact. It's about the end result.

At the end of the day Cotto was out gunned, not strong enough, and had no answers for anything Canelo posed.

I gave him the 6th I think... I think most of the rounds were close, and competitive but Canelo had more effective punches and controlled the pace.

Comment

Can't remember the exact rounds I've got it written down somewhere, but I had Canelo winning 115-113.

Anything between 7-9 rounds in favour of Canelo would be a fair score in my mind.

Comment

Cotto-1,4,6, 11

That's it. I could even see 9-3 for canelo. It was an unspectacular fight. Only because of who was involved is what made it intriguing. Other than that, it was a pretty typical easy UD. Nothing controversial, no reason to repeat it.

Comment

i posted in the main thread. i had it 5-1 or 4-2 cotto at one point. then canelo started doing some work. I have no problems with a canelo 7-5 win or such. i think what has people upset (myself included) was how wide the scores were. i wasnt drunk or nothing of the sort. i was streaming it at home(lol) thinking somewhere in the middle rds that Canelo isnt doing so good. Then the stgry became cotto loses in the exchanges, canelo hits much harder, and how the hell did cotto fall from pacs lil side uppercut, knees buckled at floyds uppercut, but was surviving what looked like monster uppercuts from nelo?

i saw the fight as one in which canelo hit harder, and won most of the exchanges, but cotto boxed better, defended better, out jabbed, and out worked canelo. i did not however in any way, shape, form, or fashion see this as a blow out fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I stopped scoring it around the 9th because I was struggling to give rounds to Cotto.

I might re-watch it if I can be arsed but you're trying to create controversy where there isn't any.
            Ok, thanks for the scorecard...

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I had it 7-5 Canelo. Had him down 4-3 after 7 and then he pretty much took over. Lots of close rounds in the first half.
            I can see it 7-5 Canelo, no doubt a very close fight. Still, would be great to see a scorecard.

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
            120-108 Canelo (of course i'm totally unbiased)
            Great scorecard here too

Comment

So not a single scorecard?

I was asking for a boxing discussion but too many people simply posting "canelo won, yay!"
              Fact is, it was a close fight, if there's any canelo fan who understands scoring in a fight, show me your cards. That's all I'm asking for. It's not difficult is it? Just 1 card?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Ok, thanks for the scorecard...
                I'm probably not gonna bother doing a scorecard for a fight that wasn't close or controversial

If you think Miguel Cotto won that fight then you should probably stop watching boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I had it 7-5 Canelo. Had him down 4-3 after 7 and then he pretty much took over. Lots of close rounds in the first half.
                  That's about exactly what I had it too.

Comment

At any point in the fight did cotto look like he was getting momentum or even that he was doing what he wanted to? Did roach's gameplan seem to change every round? Did cotto ever execute what roach was asking him to do? Sometimes i think fans are too concerned with trying to count punches and forget about ring generalship and who is controlling the fight. This was an easy fight to score.

Comment

I actually agreed with HBO's scorecards.

Comment

Working...
                      X