Collapse
No announcement yet.

Razor Thin Fight Cotto Was Going to Get Jobbed Regardless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what happens when you become a diva, dump the title to avoid your mandatory, and insist you're the lineal middleweight champion. It's also what happens when you lose the fight, and Cotto lost very clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
      And Canelo dominated in all of those. His punches were much cleaner, his aggression was much more effective, and he controlled the pace of the fight and was far superior in defense. This happened in every round.

Miguel Cotto
      A-Wolf, Adamjr91, AndreaWard, AnimalisticMeth, b00g13man, baya, Big_L, Bipolar Hero, BMWM3P, BoloPuncher1, brickcityboxing, Check_hooks, DeltaSigChi4, DoktorSleepless, gauze, HanzGruber, jas, Jordacus, jose.sooto, KaL-EL, krimzon, kurt0411, lolpz, loui_ludwig, ME123, MentalZero, mindreader, MrTambourineMan, North Star, pklax, pvalles, sabor, shadowbox3r, soul_survivor, strikefury, sunny31, SunSpace, Unknown Champ

dude claims he isn't arguing that cotto won the fight
      here he is saying that cotto won the fight in a poll. if you look at that list, there's a lot of eyebrow tweezing going on

cotto fans are sore losers. so is miguel! this has been well established. they're like children.

Comment

Judges scorecards were too wide.

But the right man had his hand raised in victory last night.

I had it 116-112 for Canelo.

Anybody scoring that fight a draw or a victory for Cotto....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          Miguel Cotto
          A-Wolf, Adamjr91, AndreaWard, AnimalisticMeth, b00g13man, baya, Big_L, Bipolar Hero, BMWM3P, BoloPuncher1, brickcityboxing, Check_hooks, DeltaSigChi4, DoktorSleepless, gauze, HanzGruber, jas, Jordacus, jose.sooto, KaL-EL, krimzon, kurt0411, lolpz, loui_ludwig, ME123, MentalZero, mindreader, MrTambourineMan, North Star, pklax, pvalles, sabor, shadowbox3r, soul_survivor, strikefury, sunny31, SunSpace, Unknown Champ

here he is saying that cotto won the fight in a poll. if you look at that list, there's a lot of eyebrow tweezing going on

cotto fans are sore losers. so is miguel! this has been well established. they're like children.
          They always have been. Every time he loses, the excuses come flying out, miguel leaves like a little ho without interviewing. Is it true he didn't even do the press conference afterwards?

Comment

It wasn't razor thin. It just wasn't.

Canelo comfortably won 8 rounds and landed all of the best punches. Miguel's best punch was the jab, outside of that it was pitty-pat combos for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
              They always have been. Every time he loses, the excuses come flying out, miguel leaves like a little ho without interviewing. Is it true he didn't even do the press conference afterwards?

does a guy who thinks he won the fight head straight to the locker room?

F no! he goes and talks to whoever the f#ck is going to listen about how he won the fight. cotto was embarrassed about losing.

Comment

Miguel Cotto

I voted on that straight after I watched the fight. As I said close fight, but Canelo pulled it for me, especially after second view, even though the general trend of the fight was the same. The first time I scored the first 5 out of the first 6 rounds for Cotto, but second time I didn't, was the main difference. I still need to score it properly though.

I do know how to score a fight, your theory about damage done is flawed big time. It is not the essence of scoring a fight, there are so many fights where the contrary happened. Fights are scored round by round, with the focus on the telling scoring criteria. I could give you so many examples of where a fighter did more damage and won rounds but lost. It is a flawed argument.

Comment

Miguel Cotto

Pretty much this.

This is dayum near as bad as the 'slow motion' scoring Pac fans were trying to push on people.

HBO did their best to keep a rematch possible by highlighting every jab Cotto landed after a round where Canelo would constantly put hands on him. Sad.

Cotto got his azz beat (again). Deal with it.

Comment

why do you hit and not get hit in boxing?

what does a punch do, and how do we evaluate it?

the answer is damage. damage is the essence of scoring a pro boxing match. the other criteria are ameans to an end. you defend so you don't get damaged, and can damage your opponent. you an effective aggressor only if you are doing more damage. you are a ring general so you can avoid damage and so you can damage your opponent.

you don't know how to score a boxing match.
                    Flawed argument - it is clean punching, damage is the result and it can vary depending on how much power you carry or how much power you put into the punch. It also depends on what type of fighter or what the fighter is trying to achieve. If a guy is boxing then he may be punching to score points and win rounds, some guys throw punches to cause damage to wear a guy out, ideally you want to be doing both but that is a different argument. If there is a round where both guys land exactly the same or a similar amount of punches then of course the guy who landed the 'cleaner' higher quality punches, and damage may come into that will get the round.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      I voted on that straight after I watched the fight. As I said close fight, but Canelo pulled it for me, especially after second view, even though the general trend of the fight was the same. The first time I scored the first 5 out of the first 6 rounds for Cotto, but second time I didn't, was the main difference. I still need to score it properly though.

I do know how to score a fight, your theory about damage done is flawed big time. It is not the essence of scoring a fight, there are so many fights where the contrary happened. Fights are scored round by round, with the focus on the telling scoring criteria. I could give you so many examples of where a fighter did more damage and won rounds but lost. It is a flawed argument.

and yet you've not talked abou thow it is flawed, or provided rounds where a guy clearly did more damage but lost a round []

find me a round where a guy clearly did more damage and still lost. you're looking for a round where a guy won a round and then... didn't win the round...?

"well he ddi more damage, but cotto jabbed him doe!"

"well he did more damage, but canelo looked tired doe!"
                      these are flawed.

"well he did more damage [IE his punches were more effective] in that round. therefor he won the round."

this is how a grown man scores a boxing match.

you score a round based on who was more effective. it's that simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X