Comments Thread For: Canelo Wins Big, Stays Firm on Golovkin Weight Stance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post

Canelo doesn't look bigger?
    Of course thats definitive proof. A random picture. I am found.

If GGG were the same size he would be fighting at 154. But he is naturally bigger so he fights at 160.

And if Canelo is actually bigger (sure), then tiny LW GGG should have no problem meeting a CW.

Which is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
      If GGG were the same size he would be fighting at 154.
      canelo isn't fighting at 154. he's already a middleweight

Comment

Of course thats definitive proof. A random picture. I am found.

If GGG were the same size he would be fighting at 154. But he is naturally bigger so he fights at 160.
        They are practically the same size. So just fight the guy at 160. Stop being a homer.

Comment

• Poor Little G back to HBO you go, no more PPV for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            This is why Canelo will never get placed at the top with the Mexican legends. Imagine some of them guys holding a MW belt and not defending it at the MW limit.

They wouldn't. He's not a "throwback" like people say, he's just as big a diva as anybody else in the sport.
            No one will care. NSB is like .01 % of boxing. Also, these guys are all seeking maximum advantages and most money. Why do you think GGG wants to lord over 160 (by this point waiting YEARS for someone to come up, which is pathethic) and not 168?

All of them are divas then

Comment

They are practically the same size. So just fight the guy at 160. Stop being a homer.
              I repeat, if they were the same size in boxing terms, GGG would meet his CW easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Rotch View Post
                155 is MW. Anything above 154, to 160, is MW. How can you not know this?
                160 is MIDDLEWEIGHT dumba$$! That means to fight for the middleweight title YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO FIGHT AT 160!!!!! What part about that didn't you get? Go back and re-read what I said. I'll simplify. GGG is a MIDDLEWEIGHT who is the mandatory for the MIDDLEWEIGHT title and should be allowed to fight AT MIDDLEWEGHT for the title! and not be told he cannot fight at 160 which is his natural weight which is MIDDLEWEIGHT!Get it? Got it? GOOD!
                Last edited by richardt; 11-22-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Yuk, now we will get all the 'A side' talk.

Golovkin can insist on the 160, Canelo will then vacate and Golovkin will miss out on a good pay day.
                  Or he can drain himself to get the payday. It will be interesting to see what happens. I hate all this kind of thing though. It's rubbish.

I have respect for him, but if we do fight, it’s going to be at my weight class.
                  155 is a weight class now?

I’m the champion, I don’t have to do what he wants
                  Yeah the Middleweight champion. Funny enough, that's the division Golovkin also fights in, and wants to face you in.

Comment

Canelo doesn't look bigger?
                    Canelo is closer to the camera.

Comment

I repeat, if they were the same size in boxing terms, GGG would meet his CW easy.
                      Why a catchweight if you are the middleweight champion? Don't stoop down to puerto rican levels of stanning. Mexicans are better than that bs. We want to see someone fight at their absolute best. If they win, they beat someone who was at their best. If they lose, they lost to someone who was just better. There is nothing wrong with that. Have some real Mexican pride.

Comment

Working...
                      X