Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Would gennady Perform Against Higher Level Opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Against HOFers, he'd be B-level. Nothing against him as that's quite an accomplishment. I just don't see the defense or footwork one sees in HOF level boxers. But, he does have the power, instinct, and a few other characteristics that put him on the level of a Vargas, Dawson, Pavlik where he'll look fantastic until he fights top competition. I don't know that Golovkin is ever going to face top comp though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Anyway, i see GGG knock out Canelo, Cotto and Lara and everyone else at Middleweight.

Name a couple of the good fighters that would beat GGG right now, and fighters that are not fighting 2 weightclasses above him.
      They couldn't

I really don't understand how someone could hate GGG. Great roll model, respectful, KO's everyone, and he's a smart guy.

IMHO, I'd still bet GGG over Ward. It's a close fight, we all know Ward's chin is flaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Krusher P4P #1 View Post
        I just lol'd at this

you were probably one of the few who said Lemieux might KO him

Golovkin is a beautiful boxer, can do it all. 345-5 amateur record, superb KO %, and man can he adapt! He picked Lemieux apart not needing to go ham.
        Alcine came in at 156 and walked right through Lemieux's punches, hurting him several times and winning a decision. Lemieux also got stopped by Rubio.

Lemieux was tailor made for ggg, very predictable offense and can't handle pressure fighters. His power is also extremely overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Let say he was facing a HOF level fighter and neither has a stylistic advantage.

Would he still put on dominant performances or would it turn into competitive 8-4, 7-5 type of decisions.
          Would you consider Cotto and Canelo higher lever opposition?
          Neither one of them want anything to do with GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            Anyway, i see GGG knocking out Canelo, Cotto and Lara and everyone else at Middleweight, Quillin, Lee etc.

The bigger question is: Who is willing to step into the ring with him.

If some "great" fighters are ducking him, how can you even call them great? Thats already a sign that GGG would beat them easily to me.

Name a couple of the good fighters that would beat GGG right now, and fighters that are not fighting 2 weightclasses above him.
            Cotto won't have anything to do with him. Canelo might fight him eventually, this coming from a 25-year-old while GGG is 34, although a young 34.

Never the less, two guys who are considered elite fighters for a good while now, are ducking him. If he were all hype, they'd easily fight him and cash in on the pay day. But of course, they are avoiding him. It's easy to see why he is so "hyped" up.

GGG will face great opposition soon and his fights will be more interesting, with similar results, although his KO's might drop a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Alcine came in at 156 and walked right through Lemieux's punches, hurting him several times and winning a decision. Lemieux also got stopped by Rubio.

Lemieux was tailor made for ggg, very predictable offense and can't handle pressure fighters. His power is also extremely overrated.
              Those fights happened 5 years ago. He's approved since then and has some good wins.

I mean **** Baduo Jack just got stopped in 1 by a fighter way worst than Rubio or Alcine and some fools on here are claiming he's fighter of the year.

Comment

My guess would be that he would do pretty well, but I guess we won't know until he actually does fight someone elite, the Lemieux fight established him as the absolute best middleweight in the world but unfortunatley for him and for us the middleweight division isn't that good at the moment and the big names won't fight him, Canelo will wait 2-3 years till GGG slows down and then take the fight and Cotto will definitley retire without fighting him.

beating unknown 20;1 underdogs won't get GGG the recognition or the P4P status that he might well be deserving of so he has to take risks to earn these things just like all the other great fighters before him.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
                  golovkins too slow and no head movement he would look less n less dominant and if he steps up in class esp at 168 he can very well lose UD
                  no head movement? wat?????/ hahahaha

Comment

the GGG haters are so dense they dont even realize they are paying him the highest compliment possible.

According to them, the ONLY fighter who can be even REMOTELY competitive with GGG, or have a chance to win, is a guy 2 divisions up who is considered top 3 p4p.

Thats putting GGG on a pretty high pedestal........

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
                      golovkins too slow and no head movement he would look less n less dominant and if he steps up in class esp at 168 he can very well lose UD
                      His head movement is subtle..but not nonexistent. His biggest flaw is he seems to trade defense for offence a bit too much when he hurts his opponent or has no respect for their power. I hope we see him in with top opposition soon cuz he's not getting any younger.

Comment

Working...
                      X