Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people believe pure boxers can't Street Fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
    well the aim of soccer players is not to knock the other guy out right?
    boxing and street fighting both have the intention to hurt, yea?
    You missed the point. Let me ask in a different way if you can get it. Does the sport and skill you see in soccer automatically becomes better or worst if some soccer player beats up some guy or gets himself(soccer player) in a fight outside the field? Does Micheal Jordan's dunk from the free throw line becomes more spectacular or less spectacular if Jordan beats or gets beat up in a fight outside the court?

Comment

This mainly comes from the duchbag MMA guys or confused boxing fans trying to degrade or upgrade boxing somehow by evaluating boxing's effectiveness in the street when completely missing the point that the admiration of the sport of boxing comes from its sweet science.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
        Boxers can do good at "street fighting" but the difference is, in a street fight 95% of the time your not gonna have time to square up and pick your shots. Its a spur of the moment type thing in a street fight. Plus u gotta add in all the other things that "could" happen in a street fight such as kicking, elbows, grabbing, etc. A boxer will be completely tired after 3 mintutes in a street fight compare to fighting in the ring for 4-5 rounds. In a boxing match u can pace yourself by moving around the ring, in a street fight, i dont think u can do that.
        This post is 95% crap

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
          44-0 on the streets.
          Im undefeated

Shht two times my opponent took his shirt off
          And said lets get down,
          I literally took my shirt , my basketball shorts and boxers right off along with my shoes .I was naked in socks with 8 inches of meat flapping around
          , they both looked at me like wtf is that and walked away .

So you could say im 44-0 with 2 no contests
          Exactly why no one takes you serious around here. Another unnecessary gaay comment. Grow up weirdo

Comment

Because they haven't boxed before.

Being able to throw accurate quick straight punches >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Having no training at all.

You combine that with some good conditioning and you're one formidable guy in a 1 on 1 fight at least.

Also easy to switch to street fight mode from boxing. Fought some bum ass gang****er with dreads. After I stunned him off the first hit, went for the easy head control, slammed the dude dude down by his dreads, and beat him until someone dragged me off.
            Last edited by Biolink; 11-19-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Boxers can do good at "street fighting" but the difference is, in a street fight 95% of the time your not gonna have time to square up and pick your shots. Its a spur of the moment type thing in a street fight. Plus u gotta add in all the other things that "could" happen in a street fight such as kicking, elbows, grabbing, etc. A boxer will be completely tired after 3 mintutes in a street fight compare to fighting in the ring for 4-5 rounds. In a boxing match u can pace yourself by moving around the ring, in a street fight, i dont think u can do that.

ANY amateur that has an ounce of respect for his craft is gonna have MUCH MUCH better conditioning than a drunk meathead or gang****er off the streets.

True that it's more of a spur of the moment thing, but it hardly matters.

A real boxing match is actually much more exhausting because your opponent also knows how to fight and is presumingly in somewhat decent condition.

If anything it's the other way around. In a ring you can't just run away because they were designed specifically to encourage exchanges. In the streets? I have all freaking day to backpeddle and as much space as I need to either give the guy some quick work or run away if everything goes to hell.

Comment

so tell us, how would a boxer fight in a street fight then? A boxers first instinct will be to square up and box.
                He'd stand his ground and knock you the **** out, because he doesn't have to worry about someone of possibly equal skill or danger standing in front of him. His timing, his power, his ability to take a punch, everything is in his drastic favor.

Comment

Because they've never fought someone with enough pop, speed and footwork. Anyone who has ever fought a really talented boxer knows that its a ***** trying to close that distance without getting hit with a stiff jab. Some people think you can just walk through a good jab but that stuff will stop you dead in your tracks from moving forward. And if you try to without slipping past it or knocking it out the way with one of hands to counter around it than your setting yourself up to get hit with a straight right or left after it. Plus people are ****** to think that just because in a ring we clinch and have rules that we won't hit behind the head when someone tries to go for our legs or kick them in the face when they miss. Of course not all boxers are good street fighters but the ones that are they are something that you have see in person or go against to know what true skill is.

Comment

Paulie Malignaggi would probably beat the **** out of all of us on here.

These are world level athletes who have trained for years to fight.

Paulie would knock out all of you fat Burger King workers.

Comment

I remembwr my older brother back when he was 17 about 140 at the time fought with this one guy in his 20's about 190 and four inches taller that was knocking everyone out in Baytown. They fought out in the street for about 25 minutes with a huge ass crowd around them making sure no one jumped in. At one my brother dropped him and went to kick him but the guy popped back up and my bros shoe came off and still fought with one shoe. At one point they both landedy bro with a body shot and him right above the brow and they both kind of froze for a second. Other than that mg bro just used boxing to slap his jabs out the way and counter and using his guard and feet to get out the way of his uppercuts. He tried grabbing my brother but he would just back peddle and pivot off him. Eventually the guy quit when he said he vouldn't hit him and my brother responded saying you gotta earn these shots. After that I remember one of the people in that other guys griup came over to us and asked if my brother was some sort of boxer or something. And they told him yeah and asked him his age and when they told him he straight up said he ain't never seen nothing like that and tild my brother I'mma always remember you and that when he got older he was going to be something fierce. That's the day I learned that some people are just born to fight. I know no matter what I do I'll never be half the figther my brother is and I'm a really good amateur boxer in my area but it's just something you have to witness to understand what a real fighter is. All the training in the world don't mean **** when you fight against one.

Comment

Working...
                      X