Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm still puzzled as to how Floyd managed to retire undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you could count the risks hes taken in his career on one hand that only has two or three fingers ie with 2 fingers missing.

When Pac is the best fighter you ever fought then why not be unbeaten?

Comment

Calzaghe did it...Floyd can too. Its easy.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Calzaghe did it...Floyd can too. Its easy.
        1. I don't consider Calzaghe to be in the ****y/arrogant category.

2. Calzaghe didn't fight the same amount of top level fighters that Floyd did.

It's far from easy. In 19 years Floyd was did not even slip once.

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
          He was the best welterweight of his generation and probably one of the best of all time. He fought pretty much everybody. Nobody has as many big names on their resume as Floyd without at least a couple losses. What Floyd did was incredible.
          I think you are twisting reality. Floyd is famous for not taking risks, having fought people past their primes and cherry picking so how do you somehow twist that into haven done things higher atg's than Floyd has done? RJJ steped upto heavyweight and was still unbeaten, don't count the disqualification.

He lost to Castillo in many peoples eyes to put it mildly. He lost to Maidana as well.
          Last edited by hugh grant; 11-18-2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

One word, ' cheating?'

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              Calculated matchmaking , corrupt refs and judges
              Payoffs, peds and ivs , along with a conspiracy for lots of people to make lots of money off the public-corrupt athletic comission .
              Bingo! The corruption in boxing is carefully woven in an intricate tapestry of foul play.

Comment

Originally posted by DeandreXI View Post
                While Floyd is deliberate about who and when he fights, he also hasn’t fought many chumps. For a professional boxer, it takes mental fortitude, skill, and a mixture of timing and luck to excel in the ring.

Other than the fact he's ridiculously skilled, Floyd is a meticulous planner and a real cautious cat. His incredible defensive approach to every fight is what puts him above everyone else in this era. For a guy who's had a bulls eye target in his head for well more than a decade, you would at least think he'll have a few if not a couple of knock downs in his career, it still amazes me how not even ONE (1) came close to putting Floyd on his knees.

Zab clearly got a knockdown. We all saw floyd use his hand to stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by 493dart View Post
                  Hes not un- defeated. castillio beat that jackass .
                  Green k! Exactly how I feel about that first Castillo fight!

Comment

who said he's retired?

he retired before remember.

even his genius fans don't believe he's retired.

Comment

Castillo did beat him, but just didn't get the decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X