No announcement yet.

Flash Back interview from 2005: Mayweather interview before Gatti PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Back interview from 2005: Mayweather interview before Gatti PPV

He kept it 1000%...they been cooking up threats for this guy for years and 9/10 he outclasses them and its no competition, then they complain

He been telling them 10 plus years they make excuses, and yes I followed boxing back then.....Pretty Boy Floyd was trying to fight Freitas, Casamayor, Hamed, Tyszu waaaay back then. He wasn't a cash cow or called any shots......he was a young hungry fighter like how everyone starts out and back then, he was all risk low reward.....None of them cats at 130-140 wanted any of him

Its funny how shook his potential opponents would look watching him fight life....they be like daaaaaamn, I don't know about this guy

Comment

Yeah I remember him at the Freitas-Casamayor match, calling them out from his seat and shouting at them as they walked in an out.

I remember him doing the same thing a few years later with Mosley.

It's always like that when you're trying to become a star. Then you become one and all of a sudden you're ducking everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Yeah I remember him at the Freitas-Casamayor match, calling them out from his seat and shouting at them as they walked in an out.

I remember him doing the same thing a few years later with Mosley.

It's always like that when you're trying to become a star. Then you become one and all of a sudden you're ducking everybody.
        the same people they say he ducked, he was calling them out for years....Kostya Tszyu, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley, DLH, Casa and Freitas....they didn't want none

Remember Cotto's face during the Bruseles fight....Miguel was looking like ," hell naw, we not fighting him yet!!!"

Comment

that's right floyd you tell um! they all said baldomir would destroy you but you proved them wrong again. prime margarito, williams, cotto, and pac would have been beaten just like baldomir. everyone knows this and thats why floyd didn't bother fighting them. floyd can't fight all these fake threats that the media cooks up. if he hadn't fought baldomir then they would have said he's ducking baldomir! hell baldomir still would probably be champ right now

Comment

ahh yeah the good ole days when he was 50's bltch

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              the same people they say he ducked, he was calling them out for years....Kostya Tszyu, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley, DLH, Casa and Freitas....they didn't want none

Remember Cotto's face during the Bruseles fight....Miguel was looking like ," hell naw, we not fighting him yet!!!"
              I remember during the build up to May-Marquez they were saying "Why fight Marquez, he is too small. Fight Mosley. You're ducking." Floyd fights Shane next, all of a sudden he is too old.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

wow you really believe this. good job at avoiding reality for so long. it's hard to do but you managed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post
                  I remember during the build up to May-Marquez they were saying "Why fight Marquez, he is too small. Fight Mosley. You're ducking." Floyd fights Shane next, all of a sudden he is too old.
                  i remember in 2007 when everyone was saying floyd ducked cotto. he proved them wrong by fighting cotto in 2012 after 2 ko losses.

i remember in 2010 when everyone was saying floyd ducked pac. he proved them wrong by fighting pac in 215 after several losses and a ko loss.

maybe floyd will fight marg in 2016 to show he wasn't ducking him in 2006?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    that's right floyd you tell um! they all said baldomir would destroy you but you proved them wrong again. prime margarito, williams, cotto, and pac would have been beaten just like baldomir. everyone knows this and thats why floyd didn't bother fighting them. floyd can't fight all these fake threats that the media cooks up. if he hadn't fought baldomir then they would have said he's ducking baldomir! hell baldomir still would probably be champ right now
                    do you remember how shook team Cotto looked when he kicked bruseles azz....they were both on top rank and Arum was building him up.....just like Arum prevented Floyd vs Oscar

its not a surprise both fights were made immediately after they all left Arum

Margarito held a trinket and lost to Williams 2 months after Floyd fought ODLH who is better than both and was at a higher weight where ODLH picked the weight class, gloves and ring size

Williams lost very next fight to underdog Quintana, 2 months after Floyd knocked out Hatton

Williams nor Margarito had any momentum to earn a fight with him....hell Williams moved up in 2008

You might wanna learn more about the sport before speaking on things you know nothing about

Comment

Working...
                    X