• Show
Clear All

Trinidad-Campas was another good one.

Comment

Sal Sanchez vs Bazooka Gomez. The greatest fight in the rivalry

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
        Trinidad-Vargas.
        Good fight but Vargas was born in USA. All PR-Mex rivalry lists I've seen don't include Vargas De La Hoya or Danny Garcia for this reason. They aren't from Mexico or PR

Comment

Salvador Sanchez VS Wifredo Gomez. The night Puerto Rico cried

Comment

Trinidad vs campas

The silence in the arena was profound after the whiplash yory boy received.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
              WIth the Cotto-Canelo fight looming, what are your personal favorite fights or moments in this great rivalry?
              Salvador Sanchez stopping Wilfredo Gomez in 8

Comment

Got a soft spot for Calderon and he's sadly not spoken highly enough as one of the eras greats...

Calderon vs Cazares and Calderon vs Segura I were both classics

I know some irrelevant idiot will diminish him shortly - doesn't take away that Iron Boy was one of the most skilled technicians of the last 15 years...everybody he fought was bigger and stronger and it took a young lion to dethrone him long after he was washed up

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Got a soft spot for Calderon and he's sadly not spoken highly enough as one of the eras greats...

Calderon vs Cazares and Calderon vs Segura I were both classics

I know some irrelevant idiot will diminish him shortly - doesn't take away that Iron Boy was one of the most skilled technicians of the last 15 years...everybody he fought was bigger and stronger and it took a young lion to dethrone him long after he was washed up
                  Why every time a Rican loses to a Mexican there is some built in excuse? Literally every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    Why every time a Rican loses to a Mexican there is some built in excuse? Literally every fight.
                    I mean I said it was a classic - and how is it an excuse if its true?

He showed vast slippage in the Mayol and Iribe fights. His last good all around performance was in the Cazares rematch. He was 35 when he fought Segura and was a champion for 8 consecutive years before fighting him.

It took a kid younger, bigger, stronger, durable and at that point faster to finally beat him.

It was still a good win for Segura - but lets not act like anything in the above wasn't true. If anything, there should be great credit for Calderon, being as washed up as he was to make it a FOTY. Prime Calderon would have made easy work of Segura, just like a washed up Calderon had vast amounts of success before his legs gave away

Comment

When Mexico & Puerto Rico called a ceasefire and agreed to duck Kazakhistan side by side

Comment

Working...
                      X