Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

legend Roy Jones speaks on how america treats black boxers and the Ward vs GGG beef

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacks get treated better than anybody else in America. With affirmative action and diversity drives, if you are black and qualified you have it made.

The problem is, most blacks are not qualified or well educated. Nobody's fault but their own. And they rarely study science or math.

RDJ might get treated well in ******, because he is a ***** mouth piece, but a common black man in ****** is considered a sub human monkey. They hate blacks in ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
      hope solo still got her endorsement deals and is still on the US soccer team(DV offender)......ronda "drowsy" with her self admitted DV history(and is currently dating a DV offender) is a media darling with endorsements. so miss me with that bull***** you c0cksucker. tim bradley and ward should've been had deals way before a foreigner like ggg who can't draw flies to ***** and has weaker resume than wet tissue.
      It would help if you knew what you're talking about.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAcq_jvmXDo 0:45 - Andre Ward on one of Nike's biggest commercials
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=195692 Andre Ward on Jordan
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=542415 Tim Bradley Nike
      Another example - Kobe Bryant's endorsements before the **** case and after **** case.

Don't get me wrong. There's definitely racism in America. But the companies will ALWAYS, ALWAYS and I repeat, ALWAYS put profits before skin color. If you can't get endorsements, chances are it's YOUR fault.

You crapping on Golovkin makes YOU a racist. Enjoy the fact that the damn sport is getting some good exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        It would help if you knew what you're talking about.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAcq_jvmXDo 0:45 - Andre Ward on one of Nike's biggest commercials
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=195692 Andre Ward on Jordan
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=542415 Tim Bradley Nike
        Another example - Kobe Bryant's endorsements before the **** case and after **** case.

Don't get me wrong. There's definitely racism in America. But the companies will ALWAYS, ALWAYS and I repeat, ALWAYS put profits before skin color. If you can't get endorsements, chances are it's YOUR fault.

You crapping on Golovkin makes YOU a racist. Enjoy the fact that the damn sport is getting some good exposure.
        Kobe bryant was dragged through the mud during that time....it took years to gain back his status.......and he lost ALL of his endorsements at that time. Hope Solo and Ronda Rousey never lost their endorsements nor did the media shyt on them for their DV issues.......all of that was swept under the rug just like steelers qb big ben(and i love big ben) didn't lose his endorsement deals.

Comment

so true....floyd didn't have a single endorsement deal. good thing he didn't need it.
          Floyd didn't get endorsement deals because:

Criminal convictions
          In 2002, Mayweather was charged with two counts of domestic violence and one count of misdemeanor battery. He received a six-month suspended sentence and two days of house arrest and was ordered to perform 48 hours of community service.[187]

In 2004, Mayweather was given a one-year suspended jail sentence, ordered to undergo counseling for "impulse control" and pay a $1,000 fine (or perform 100 hours of community service) after being convicted of two counts of misdemeanor battery against two women.[188]

In 2005, Mayweather pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor battery charge after hitting and kicking a bouncer, receiving a 90-day suspended jail sentence.[189][190]

On September 9, 2010, it was reported that Mayweather was being sought by police for questioning after his former girlfriend, Josie Harris, filed a domestic battery report against him. Harris accused Mayweather of battery in the past, but those charges were dropped in July 2005 after Harris testified that she had lied and that Mayweather had not battered her.[190] Mayweather was taken into custody September 10, 2010, but was released after posting $3,000 bail. Mayweather was initially charged with felony theft (stemming from the disappearance of Harris's mobile phone); on September 16 two felony coercion charges, one felony robbery charge, one misdemeanor domestic-battery charge and three misdemeanor harassment charges were added.

On December 21, 2011, a judge sentenced Mayweather to serve 90 days in the county jail for battery upon Harris in September 2010. Mayweather reached a deal with prosecutors in which he pled guilty to misdemeanor battery in exchange for prosecutors dropping the felony battery charge. Mayweather also pled no contest to two counts of misdemeanor harassment, stemming from threats to his children. In addition to the 90-day sentence Mayweather was ordered to complete 100 hours of community service, a 12-month domestic-violence program and to pay a fine of $2,500.[191] On June 1 Mayweather began serving his county jail sentence,[192] and was released in August 2012.

Sponsors don't want to be seen supporting someone with a criminal rapsheet that is relatively recent. People can forgive and forget, but not when you have done it again and relatively recently.

Comment

Kobe bryant was dragged through the mud during that time....it took years to gain back his status.......and he lost ALL of his endorsements at that time. Hope Solo and Ronda Rousey never lost their endorsement nor did the media shyt on them for their DV issues.......all of that was swept under the rug just like steelers qb big ben(and i love big ben) didn't lose his endorsement deals.
            How is lance Armstrong been treated these days ?

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              Floyd didn't get endorsement deals because:

Sponsors don't want to be seen supporting someone with a criminal rapsheet that is relatively recent. People can forgive and forget, but not when you have done it again and relatively recently.
              ok now explain hope solo and ronda rousey.

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                How is lance Armstrong been treated these days ?
                apples and oranges.....lance armstrong is a cheater and a fraud.

Comment

I agree with RJJ, and imo this is indicative of a deeper problem with Western attitudes towards black people. That of course isn't to say that all non-black people dislike all black people, but it is definitely generally easier to be accepted by the mainstream if you are not black.

Comment

apples and oranges.....lance armstrong is a cheater and a fraud.
                    Guess it depends on the athlete ..

Comment

I'm not classically "black" but I know what they go through on a daily basis. I've always considered myself transracial. On the outside I look like a pale Irish-American but on the inside I feel like a relate to the black African-Americans more.

Comment

Working...
                      X