No announcement yet.

maidana gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maidana gloves?

what gloves did he end up using in the mayweather fights 1 & 2??

edit: i did not follow the news on glove issues during that time.
    Last edited by nivek535; 11-16-2015, 12:59 AM.

Everlast Powerlock I believe. He probably could have used the gloves he wanted to use but he accepted a huge amount of money from mayweather not to. Harmon supposedly represented the interests of both fighters (which is not possible) but ultimately maidana and Robert Garcia layed down when they didn't have to.

Comment

Everlast Powerlock. What I Use to spar at my gym.

Comment

oh so not the mx?
        interesting XDDD.
        thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
          oh so not the mx?
          interesting XDDD.
          thanks!
          VERY interesting lol. Little floyd didnt let him use the punchers glove which NEUTRALIZES the biggest threat/strength of Maidana which is power lol. Maidana has always relied on power, well floyd took that away by forcing him to use sparring gloves. Imagine if those shots would have landed with normal gloves.

There is an asterisk next to each of his wins. Canelo 152, Mosley OLD (and still almost got KOd lol), Maidana GLOVES, Pacquiao 5 years after his prime, etc.

Comment

[QUOTE=Golovkin;16231524]VERY interesting lol. Little floyd didnt let him use the punchers glove which NEUTRALIZES the biggest threat/strength of Maidana which is power lol. Maidana has always relied on power, well floyd took that away by forcing him to use sparring gloves. Imagine if those shots would have landed with normal gloves.

There is an asterisk next to each of his wins. Canelo 152, Mosley OLD (and still almost got KOd lol), Maidana GLOVES, Pacquiao 5 years after his prime, etc.[/QUOTE/]

in the end a win is a win...........

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              VERY interesting lol. Little floyd didnt let him use the punchers glove which NEUTRALIZES the biggest threat/strength of Maidana which is power lol. Maidana has always relied on power, well floyd took that away by forcing him to use sparring gloves. Imagine if those shots would have landed with normal gloves.

There is an asterisk next to each of his wins. Canelo 152, Mosley OLD (and still almost got KOd lol), Maidana GLOVES, Pacquiao 5 years after his prime, etc.
              i heard 152 was canelo's demand? i could be wrong, i didnt follow details like that back then.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                Everlast Powerlock I believe. He probably could have used the gloves he wanted to use but he accepted a huge amount of money from mayweather not to. Harmon supposedly represented the interests of both fighters (which is not possible) but ultimately maidana and Robert Garcia layed down when they didn't have to.
                I agree that it isn't possible for Haymon to equally and fairly represent the interest of two boxers fighting each other. Clearly he works for Mayweather more than Maidana. I still think Maidana was smart to take the money and not use the gloves. It's hard for me to believe those gloves would have won the fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post

Sparring gloves? who in the world spars with 8 oz. gloves? are you serious? The difference between the so called "puncher's gloves" and normal gloves is the material of the padding and the distribution, the ones Maidana wanted to use at first were horsehair with very little padding on the knuckles and they were DENIED by the NSAC, then they suggested the other pair of gloves which were a little bit better and the NSAC actually approved them but Floyd's camp didn't since they felt Maidana was trying to pull some slick ****.

Don't forget that Oscar dela Hoya did that with Floyd when they fought and forced him to wear 10 heavyweight gloves with extra padding while he wore other gloves, at least in the Maidana fight Floyd wore the same gloves that Maidana wore.

Everybody should wear the same gloves, it's not a contest on whose hands could take more punishment, it's a contest of skills and boxing, MX powerlock and similar gloves work for everyone and should be the only type of gloves allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                    i heard 152 was canelo's demand? i could be wrong, i didnt follow details like that back then.
                    Canelo wanted to fight Floyd in May 2012 at 150 lbs, then in the negotiations they agreed on 152, then when his fat ass had hard time making the weight he started complaining and said that he was forced to fight at 152, nobody forced him to take the fight since Floyd wasn't a mandatory, he was a young guy at the beginning of his career and he could've passed on a fight like this if he felt he was going to lose, but that wasn't the case and they were pretty confident that they were going to win, if he was drained then that's on him.

Comment

Working...
                    X