No announcement yet.

The best build up for a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
    Agree, Floyd-Hatton was insane and the British fans who came over really added to the hoopla. Floyd-Oscar, Tyson-Spinks, and Tyson-Holyfield I were all incredible buildups.

Mayweather-Pacquiao was more of a culmination, they didn't spend money promoting the fight all that much because they knew they didn't need to, so that took away from the build up. Mayweather's side didn't say too much at all during the build up. Pacquiao's side talked a lot more about Manny looking like a beast and being the best he's ever been having gotten his killer instinct back. 4.5 million buys after so little hoopla proves them right that they didn't need to promotoe the fight too much.
    Yup, I agree completely. I love British boxing fans they seriously represent!

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
      Floyd-hatton.....no question
      hatton fought like a man......poochiao fought like a ****ing b.ytch!
      Hatton did fight with some balls but dude knows no other way(which is why he had the following he had) and plus he had no choice becasue he was out of his league in that fight.

Ill agree with how you said Pacquiao fought, He fought an atrocious fight but what do you say about how Floyd fought. He didn't fight any better, just enough better to get the win and that isn't saying much.
      Last edited by boxinghead530; 11-16-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
        Yup, I agree completely. I love British boxing fans they seriously represent!
        The atmosphere for the May-Hatton fight was INSANE!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
          The atmosphere for the May-Hatton fight was INSANE!
          It was truly insane. Those British fans are nuts. In Hattons fight with Pacquiao, even after hatton got decapitated that were still going nuts with their cheering.

Boxing is great when we have a true British superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
            It was truly insane. Those British fans are nuts. In Hattons fight with Pacquiao, even after hatton got decapitated that were still going nuts with their cheering.

Boxing is great when we have a true British superstar.
            It really is man. They travel very well and bring that electric atmosphere!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
              It really is man. They travel very well and bring that electric atmosphere!
              Yea I miss Hatton. That guy brought excitement, enthusiasm and fire to boxing. And wherever he fought his fans followed.

I wish we had another Hatton type Brit around, because we all know Brook aint it.

Comment

Hatton Vs Mayweather was fun for sure.

I watched the weigh-in again the other day on youtube. The noise form the fans, the Calzaghe - Hopkins spat...it's still a good watch.

Comment

Mayweather/Pacman certainly has to be number one....my other two would be Tyson/Lewis and actually the one coming up klitchko/fury is really up there as well.

Comment

May/Hatton for sure. The whole build up was rocking

Comment

Working...
                    X