Perfect example of why it's better to sign with Al Haymon instead of Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    So......is Haymon good or bad?
    Good for the boxers. Arum's fighters, except for a few well-established stars, are poorly paid.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 11-12-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Finito2K View Post
      Other than Mares vs. Santa Cruz, PBC's product has been garbage.
      I beg to differ... but respect your opinion... there have been plenty of good fights there! no different than whats been going on in boxing for the past 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        I beg to differ... but respect your opinion... there have been plenty of good fights there! no different than whats been going on in boxing for the past 5 years
        A lot of good fights this year. And matchups too. In an eight month span.

Meanwhile, get ready for even more rematches from Top Rank next year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
          You could hear all those fans going nuts for Lomachenko for example.
          When did this happen? The arena was a wasteland and completely dead for Lomachenko's last fight.

Even when the place got more full for the main event they only had something like 5,000 people there.

#FreeBrushMyHair

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            A lot of good fights this year. And matchups too. In an eight month span.

Meanwhile, get ready for even more rematches from Top Rank next year.
            exactly! lol!!!!!

Comment

Days of fighters signing promotional contracts is coming to an end.

Comment

Bob Arum and Top Rank have forgotten more about how to properly build boxing stars than Al Haymon has ever known. There is no one better at it.

Comment

I find it hard to side with any promoter. Right now Arum and Golden boy do not have much access to tv. HBO is being tight and they are even finding it hard to get their stars dates. The guys under the big names have to play the waiting game.

Al has tons of avenues to get his fighters fights on tv, but that is more short term than long term. In another year or so we will all see the landscape change again with another power struggle.

If i were a fighter, I would at first glance want to jump on board with Al Haymon. If you look deeper into the situation and consider long term, I would not be as anxious because in the next year or 2, it might all unwind.

Comment

I don't have any problem with Haymon, never did. Never talked bad about him like others, because it's pointless. I don't think he's doing anything wrong. He's keeping his guys active.
                    I don't think the PBC fans would like the Eastern European and Asian fighters too much though.
                    Shoot they already don't!

What these promoters need to start doing is start working together. Unfortunately it most likely won't happen because most of these promoters are selfish and want all the money for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                      I don't think the PBC fans would like the Eastern European and Asian fighters too much though.
                      PBC fans seemed to have enjoyed Tomoki Kameda, Fonfara, Beterbiev, and Huck/Glowacki just fine.

#FreeBrushMyHair

Comment

Working...
                      X