Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do u agree with roach that ggg🇰🇿needs to raise his stalk b4 cotto🇵🇷fight is made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do u agree with roach that ggg🇰🇿needs to raise his stalk b4 cotto🇵🇷fight is made?

link - Post Comments Thread For: Roach: Golovkin Must Raise PPV Numbers To Get Cotto

Freddie Roach, trainer of WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (40-4, 33 KOs), is not impressed with the pay-per-view numbers of IBF/IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (34-0, 31 KOs).

Roach actually spoke with Golovkin's trainer, Abel Sanchez, and told him that a Cotto-Golovkin fight would happen when GGG was able to raise his profile and his pay-per-view figures.

"[The fight] is possible. However, I have to say that some time ago in Santa Fe Springs I met Abel Sanchez and we discussed the possibility of a Cotto-Golovkin fight. He said to me, 'Well you have the last word to give the okay on that fight. And I said, if you manage to raise your numbers to make a good pay per view - it can be done," Roach told Rigo Cervantez.

"Because the reality is this, GGG is not that well known in the United States. He is a great fighter, I have no doubt about that and certainly it would be very difficult fight for Miguel. But for me, I like challenges and I would love that fight to happen."
    cast your vote in the poll below
    yes roach is correct,<100k ppv is well below average and he needs to raise stalk
    31.82%
    no, ggg's popularity/stalk is at a great point and only growing
    22.73%
    team cotto has no intenions of fighting ggg anyway,so it dont matter
    45.45%
    Last edited by STAX ON DECK; 11-12-2015, 09:42 AM.

Yep - just like Team GGG said Ward needs to raise his profile because he's irrelevant - same applies to GGG.

If they don't like when this ish is thrown back at them - they should just humble themselves a bit

Comment

Nope. He's mando so it doesn't matter at this point. Will he & his team be reamed in the ass with some 70-30 80-20 type of shit..... yea.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        Yep - just like Team GGG said Ward needs to raise his profile because he's irrelevant - same applies to GGG.

If they don't like when this ish is thrown back at them - they should just humble themselves a bit
        ok, good points made
        Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        Nope. He's mando so it doesn't matter at this point. Will he & his team be reamed in the ass with some 70-30 80-20 type of shit..... yea.
        yup,if they do fight cotto will liuterally destroy ggg in the negoitiation process and contract. he has that pull especially now knowing how poor ggg's last ppv did

however i still think theyre gonna set up the rematch against canelo first

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
          yup,if they do fight cotto will liuterally destroy ggg in the negoitiation process and contract. he has that pull especially now knowing how poor ggg's last ppv did

however i still think theyre gonna set up the rematch against canelo first
          Actually I think with them being able to rip them like that... GGG would be a bigger money fight imo... mainly cuz of his guarantee that he has per fight, plus ppv buys + gate rev.... all the while getting 70-80 %. Cotto would be dumb not to go for that.

Comment

Of course not. Roach is just trolling anyway. GGG's stock is extremely high (to boxing fans) and it is a huge money fight for Cotto, who could possibly get 8 figures for the fight.

Comparing star power of GGG to Ward isn't a logical argument. GGG is a star in boxing. He sold out MSG...what other active boxer has proven they can do that besides Cotto? Now GGG is not a crossover superstar yet (Which is extremely difficult for any boxer to become) but Ward is not even a star in boxing. Totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
              his stalk?

Comment

Cotto will never fight GGG under any circumstances. If he was going to fight him he would have fought him instead of defending his title against Geale who GGG had recently knocked out with one punch in the third round. GGG certainly is a bigger draw than Geale. A good champion fights his top challenger at the official weight of the class he is champion of. Cotto is a terrible champion. I think Canelo will soon knock Cotto out and Cotto will be an ex champ and then GGG won't give a damn about Cotto.

Comment

this back n forth is old but didn't team GGG tell ward this exact same thing?

Comment

No, I don't. GGG is the man to beat at 160. Its obvious that Cotto will not fight GGG at 160 and personally I don't think GGG should hold out for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X