Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's most impressive win other than Pac or Corrales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever didn't vote Berto DKSAB

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
      At present time youd have to say cotto, was a rough fight even though he was landing hard on cotto, cottos jab was giving Floyd trouble hence the rarely seen bloodied face of Mayweather.

Canelo could be in his top 3 most impressive wins if he goes on to beat cotto and become a force at 160.
      Yeah. The strategy Floyd chose to adopt in that fight impressed me. I didn't think he would stand toe-toe and actually fight Cotto on the inside. The way he was landing whilst his back was against the ropes was great.

Comment

People actually voting Cotto lol, I'd even say an unbeaten version of Ricky Hatton is more impressive than overrated Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post
          Yeah. The strategy Floyd chose to adopt in that fight impressed me. I didn't think he would stand toe-toe and actually fight Cotto on the inside. The way he was landing whilst his back was against the ropes was great.
          Yeah he did choose to stand with him because he thought cotto was finished and he could stop him, you ever notice Floyd gives Cotto alot of props when he was talking about Canelo and Maidana during the pressers for each fight? he said he didnt think they both was as good as Cotto.

Props to Cotto in that fight he came to win and landed some vicious body shots on Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
            Castillo 2 was not easy lol scores were like 7-5,7-5, and 8-4

I wouldn't call that easy.

Also, depending on how well Canelo does in his career, Id think he'd be a pretty big win for mayweather
            It was a clear win for Mayweather the second time around. Maybe not "easy" but he left no doubt in the rematch. The scorecards of a fight don't really tell you everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
              Yeah he did choose to stand with him because he thought cotto was finished and he could stop him, you ever notice Floyd gives Cotto alot of props when he was talking about Canelo and Maidana during the pressers for each fight? he said he didnt think they both was as good as Cotto.

Props to Cotto in that fight he came to win and landed some vicious body shots on Floyd.
              That's probably because neither are as good as Cotto, well Maidana for sure.

Comment

There's nothing impressive with eeking out a W against a washed up, injured Pacquiao while roiding up

Comment

I thought Canelo was going to give him problems because of his size and strength. He made it so easy it was actually comical.

I think his opponents (except for maybe Maidana) get so intimidated by his skills that they underperform. Canelo and Pacquiao are perfect examples of opponents underperforming against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    People actually voting Cotto lol, I'd even say an unbeaten version of Ricky Hatton is more impressive than overrated Cotto.

Yet Hatton was embarrassed by Floyd, while the "overrated" Cotto gave Floyd his toughest fight in years. Go figure.

Comment

His performance vs Corrales was probably my fave by any fighter ever, that was Floyd at his best IMO.

Vs Canelo he was outstanding, he was literally like a fly in the first few rounds, that win will gain even more credibility as the years go by.

Vs Hatton, the was he dismantled Hatton round by round was also incredible.

They're the best 3 I think(performances)

Comment

Working...
                      X