No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Golovkin Must Raise PPV Numbers To Get Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
    Cotto gets more money for fighting Golovkin than he does for fighting Geale or Rodriguez, moron. What's his excuse for being a lineal middleweight champion but refusing to fight his mandatory who is a true challenge at the weight he holds a belt.
    GGG brings no money to the table...he just proved that...

Comment

It's Not Going To Matter, Cotto Gets Stopped By Canelo

Then Canelo can waggle over fighting GGG at 160, since Canelo walks around over 170lbs to start with. Canelo is worried about fighting GGG. Once Cotto loses they'll feed Tim Bradley to him around 150/152. It's not going to matter much. Canelo gets stopped by GGG should the fight happen. Andy Lee, Quillin both get stopped as well, then they move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I can't be mad at this. For Cotto this logic makes sense.

I think most would agree he only gots a couple fights left. And he's in it for $$$ not belts these days. If something makes more $$$-sense then GGG it'd be the smart move to make. Cotto's legacy is largely written. He doesn't really need to take any specific road. His road need only led to the most $$$.

Thing is this IS a business so I'm sure that they could come up with a deal with anyone that would make any fight worth it for Cotto, but the B side gots to be cool with that.

Having said all that I still expect Cotto to come up short vs Canelo so none of this will matter.

Don't be surprised if cotto goes after a floyd rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          Cotto only had 60k on his first PPV bout so I'd say in a couple more fights he'd easily top the numbers Cotto has done against average opponents all asides from your Pacquiaos and Floyds of the world but that wasn't Cotto who made those fights just like the Margarito fight, it was large Mexican fanbase following Tony and the large world wide fanbase following Pacman and Floyd, sorry to break that to you Cotto stans.
          That was not a HBO ppv

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            That was not a HBO ppv
            What are all those belts Larry?

Comment

team cotto going after a mayweather rematch

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                team cotto going after a mayweather rematch
                Easy money why not

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  What are all those belts Larry?
                  How many times are you going to ask me the same question?

Comment

We all know about the "secret" rematch clause between cotto and canelo. So the will happen 1st unless one of them gets their @ss handed to them that a rematch won't prove sht! And probably after that Floyd will be bored. WBC ain't taking that belt. 10% at least fee for 97k ggg or rematch??? Which one makes the WBC more $$$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      How many times are you going to ask me the same question?
                      What's up with all those belts larold

Comment

Working...
                      X