Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Lomachenko be number 1 boxer in the world if he beat Rigo, Walters and Verdejo,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Lomachenko be number 1 boxer in the world if he beat Rigo, Walters and Verdejo,

by the end of 2017?

Plus a few mid-level guys sandwiched between those fights of course.

I'd say there's nothing an active fighter could do to beat that run. Maybe GGG unifying middle then beating Ward/Kovalev at 173 CW. Or Crawford going on a rampage up to welter.

Too difficult to gauge. Depends on what other fighters do in that time.

Verdejo hasn't really done anything yet but beating the other two would be hugely significant right now. Definitely top 3 you'd think.

Comment

Beating Walters and Rigo would make him #1 P4P in my book. Roman is great and is deserving, but he doesn't have the magnitude of those wins.

Comment

Yup pretty much, I think Loma vs Verdejo could be one of the biggest fights in boxing down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
          by the end of 2017?

Plus a few mid-level guys sandwiched between those fights of course.

I'd say there's nothing an active fighter could do to beat that run. Maybe GGG unifying middle then beating Ward/Kovalev at 173 CW. Or Crawford going on a rampage up to welter.
          He would definitely be #1, unless Golovkin did what you mentioned or Andre Ward beat Golovkin then The Krusher, which is unlikely now that there are signs of him going up to 175.

Not sure about Crawford being #1 though. If he beat Pacquiao, Thurman and Brook I'd put him in the top 4. That's an impressive streak.

Actually, if Canelo beats Cotto and GGG, maybe the winner of Lee v Saunders in the middle, I think he'd be a strong candidate for #1... depending on how well other fighters performed.

Comment

He would be at or near the top for beating Walters and Rigo but Verdejo would not mean much at this time. He is just a prospect who I don't think has beaten anybody rated in the top 30 in his weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              He would be at or near the top for beating Walters and Rigo but Verdejo would not mean much at this time. He is just a prospect who I don't think has beaten anybody rated in the top 30 in his weight class.
              Co-signed, Verdejo hasnt done squat, i understand you may have to build someone but when are the powers that be going to up his competition, i mean cmon now......

Comment

Yes. Even if he never fought Verdajo, it'd be the same thing.

Comment

Lomachenko beat a kid (17yrs) Verdejo in the amateur just 14-9, now is gonna be a different story if the ever fight each other, Lomachenko will fight a young hungry lion with more speed and power than him, basically he will fight a more seasoned Verdejo with experience, speed and power.

Comment

He would have to be in the conversation if he beat Rigo and Walters.

Comment

Working...
                    X