Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another myth: Mayweather moving up five divisions while GGG not willing to moveup one

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one said he moved up 5 times. They HAVE said that he has won titles in 5 weight divisions. Is this a troll thread or nah?

Comment

Mayweather outgrew the divisions he fought in. So to say 'Mayweather moved up five, Golovkin hasnt even moved up one' is a little stupid. He's using an IV to make 147, or at least I hope so. He never moved up to 'dare to be great', in 4/5 divisions he fought in. Hes the best of this generation, but stop pretending little Floyd moved up at some great weight disadvantage for 'legacy'.

However, Mayweather moved up to 154 when he didn't need to, albeit against two former welterweights, and a catchweight of 152 for Canelo. He fought at 154 for the big money fights. Now to me, I dont see the difference between that and GGG fighting Froch/Chavez at 168, but Ward at 164. I'm not defending it at all, but its the same thing. Floyd felt Canelo was a much bigger risk than DLH/Cotto hence the stupid catchweight. Same for GGG/Ward.

'But Team GGG said 154-168 doe'

1. You fell for Team GGG's bs hype talk, and I actually feel bad for you. I'm surprised you believed the crap they come out with, eapecially as you know boxing is a business more than a sport.

2. Statements like these are not uncommon. Remember the 'I fight my opponents at their comfortable weight' fiasco? Bringing this up seems far too convenient for a lot of posters here, which is laughable if they didnt even believe it in the first place!

That being said, I think Ward is simply the better fighter. If they were both the same size, which theyre clearly not, I still think Ward dominates. Its just pathetic how I share that opinion with a set of idiots on here who use their hate of GGG as a follow on from their hate of HBO/Manny.. wanting him to lose so badly to get some sort of e-self gratification. Arent we supposed to be grown men?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

Mayweather won titles in five divisions. Yes, he moved up four times.
        Dela Hoya won titles in six divisions. Pacquiao in eight.

Pacquiao moved up seven times while Floyd moved up only four times?

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
          Champion in 5 weight classes...I guess that's what they mean...so that's being a champion in 5 weight classes...still impressive...I'm hoping Triple G can match him if he goes up each weight class to heavyweight...
          Then Floyd needs to go to LHW to prove he's as great as Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            Dela Hoya won titles in six divisions. Pacquiao in eight.

Pacquiao moved up seven times while Floyd moved up only four times?
            And how many times has GGG moved up? Exactly.

The defense rests.

Comment

He already beat the man one on one.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

Mayweather won titles in five divisions. Yes, he moved up four times.
                He is going to publish his findings with the help of Neil DeGrasse Tyson. It's been solved. Floyd never moved up 5 times folks, it was only 4 times. Scientists are going to be stumped by these findings.

Commercial narrator with that voice used in Every commercial: The same scientist is now trying to crack the case of Manny Pacquiao moving up 8 weight classes. He argues that "Pacquiao only moved up 7 times". It's been a discovery that has been ridiculed by his colleagues. But tune in Friday at 9PM only on The Science Channel to see the outcome of this myth busting master!

Comment

Pacquiao had no amateur career. When Floyd started amateurs he started in the same weight class Pacquiao started in as a pro. Your argument in the OP is that Golovkin has moved up, but counting his amateur career.

Comment

Shame on GGG for not boiling down to 154 and beating up on blown up WWs for years until he finally outgrows the division.
                    Fighting at your natural weight class=Shameful
                    lol

Comment

Stupid thread.

And why the hell do people keep bringing up Floyd? He's retired. Can't we wait until he returns (which he will eventually) before we start flooding NSB with this crap? This goes for both sides.

Comment

Working...
                      X