No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Storms His Way To a Knockout of Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the Bradley haters are probably Teddy Atlas fans now

Even though Bradley was always OBVIOUSLY a much better fight than Rios, and even though Abril laid the blueprint years ago.

Not saying that Teddy didn't help, I'm a big Atlas fan..... just that the Diaz/Bradley combination would have beaten Rios as well.

Comment

Good on Tim. The Atlas effect will be overblown but let's not act like Tim hasn't fought great fights before.

Brandon was a mess, a Welterweight Chris Arreola in there. There is zero point in fighting if they can't stop him coming in like that.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        This Bradley is faster than Crawford, better on his feet, throws way more punches and combinations. Bradley easy UD.
        Styles make fights. And I think Timmy has a bad one for TC. I think TC is an excellent fighter. But, I think he's a tad overrated. He's patient and does some sweet things in the ring as far as diagnosing his opponents and exploiting mistakes. But personally, I think his power bails him out more than people think. And I'm not sure his power is gonna follow him to 47.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Rios was done months ago, he can't give 100% to his mind or body to be able to fight! He trained to make 147 and then balloned to 171 in less than 35 hours, that is dangerous and stupid!
            Shame on him, his trainers and management they took the pay and never tried to win.
            It was a spar session, and Tim boxed circles around him and Brandon got dropped by a light hitting guy who hurt him to the body many times.
            If the 2 day weighins are going to allow that kind of dangerous weight gain its probably time to go back to same day weighins and making fighters fight in their "real weight classes"!
            Time for Brandon to stop, if Tim hurt him bad a guy like Crawford would hurt him badly.
            Ray
            Yes, same day weigh-ins. They've been making a mockery out of the weight divisions for a while now. Rios isn't the only one doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              Very solid outing for Timmy. As a guy that's appreciative of what Timmy's done in his career. Wouldn't have a problem with him getting another big payday against Manny or the Cotto-Canelo winner. But personally, I'm not overly interested in either of those match-ups. I most wanna see him in with Brook or the Thurman-Porter winner next.
              I prefer Pacquiao 3 personally, because I'm sure he'd eat Thurman or Porter alive, and Brook is 0 money and 0 legacy. Tim has been proving himself forever, so I'd personally like him to collect some more checks and let the new guys prove themselves a little more.

Pacquiao is a bona fide legend who will make Tim solid scratch, and is still a very good fighter. People like to say he's shot to excuse him from losing to Mayweather, but IMO Manny and Tim are the 2 best guys currently fighting at 147.

Comment

My Lord and Savior Tim Bradley is back!

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post

Comment

He did it without taking any significant, hurting punches..whether you are fighting an overmatched guy or a champ that's always a plus. You can make a big fight after that - could even take on a bigger man like CAnelo seems like they were discussing that. Obviously Canelo is a much better fighter than Rios, but Rios came it at 170+ tonight and Tim was easily moving him backward when they got close. Now, I really wonder now who is the most physically strong WW between Brook and Bradley. Could Bradley push Brook back where Porter couldn't move him an inch?

anyway, people know Tim is a warrior already, he can let that side come out when it's needed not unnecessarily. If he can walk that line then his career might get extended a bit
                    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-07-2015, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Congratulations to "Desert Storm"! This was the kind of victory he needed. And he got the knockout. Great win!

Comment

Working...
                      X