No announcement yet.

Does Walters make it to your P4P list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no

Walters is more a talent along the line of Julio Cesear Chavez Jr. Who's talent is losing weight and beating up smaller fighters. Walters has talent but being the larger man is his main skill i can see to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Rigo-Donaire got made because Donaire always fought the best he could get his hands on.

Loma or at the very least, Loma's team got massive cold feet after the Salido debacle and are bringing him along slowly. The world title he has around his waist is a bit of a travesty.
      Hm, I'm not sure - before that Donaire fought what's his name... Dude well past his prime, and a gimme.

Donaire was being called out to fight Rigo for a year, and while I'm sure Donaire was willing to fight him whenever, Arum held out until HBO made a hell of an offer money-wise.

Loma fought Russell for a title immediately after the Salido fight, winning a legit world title. Russell hadn't fought anybody, but was ready to step up, as he was 20-some fights deep.

Loma hasn't fought any of the bigger names yet not because of his choice - but Arum knows he hardcore fans are salivating for a Loma/Walters fight, and promoting both, knows he can get HBO to eventually shell out the big bucks.

Guarantee the fight happens between 126-130 before this time next year.

Comment

Working...
      X