Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According Dan Rafael, PBC was ultimately created because of Hershman banishment ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hbo banished haymon

haymon created the pbc

therefore haymon created the pbc because hbo banished him

Comment

Now haymon says , Fuc.k HBO

Comment

Dan Rafael is horrible without editing. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post

Eff! eff, there's no such quote, it's just a title.
          Dan rafael leaves us to imply that if Haymon boxers would still be with HBO, there wouldn't be no PBC, at least not yet. Losing Mayweather was terrible, not to mention others like Broner or Garcia.
          Let's be honest for a moment, in some positions as (so called) senior writer, you have a responsibility to appear professional and be more objective as possible to avoid ethical issues. And according to Dan, he seems to mainly point his finger on some Hershman errors, like the Haymon saga, therefore it's logical to ask ourselves why?
          Given that the primarily wish of all top writers is to ensure that the audience reads what lies between the lines of their articles. There is no person that reads without initiating the process of thought.
          I think you are reading too much into what Rafael is saying. And I'd hesitant to call him THAT professional. He gots lil beefs & wars with fighters all the time it seems & has running jokes in his chat about some of the longstanding ones. I like Rafael overall, but idk that I think "professional" when I think of him.

Then we saw talk about Adonis & Sergey (would the WBC, Michel or Stevenson let that f#cking fight go, naaaaaaaah man naaaaaaaah lol).
          I hope this fight gets made or never gets made (I'm not really sold on which you'd prefer to happen) just so you can be happy bro.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
            Pure genius. It was about time for a change in the way boxing was ran. I feel a new era approaching, HBO is crumbling they always thought they could have the upper hand and push the little guys around.
            Pbc has lost millions in the first year man. Between HBO Boxing and PBC, I'd say that HBO is on much more solid footing that the latter.

Comment

... As I remember, when Hershman came from Showtime to HBO Sports, Floyd (who was promoted by GBP) already had a contract to fight Cotto on HBO for a guaranteed purse of $32 million (the biggest in history)... That fight happened and Floyd (GBP) got that money... I guess that Floyd & Co tried to negotiate with Hershman a further HBO deal on on this specific $32 million bases and failed... Then Floyd and the GBP stable moved to Showtime... I don't know if Haymon was so influential back then in terms maneuvering fighters as he is today (when he holds most of the former GBP stable and many more others).

Comment

Working...
              X