Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we all hate Al Haymon, why dont we all decide to stop watching his fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    I have to give it to Al! He put his head on the line, and invested allot of money into the sport! I already knew that he wouldnt flip a profit, and he will most likely LOSE all of the money, and wont make any in return!

Look at the sacrifice he made for the sport! I see allot of people want him to fail and hate him even though he is putting himself on the line, with zero to no chance of a return!

So why dont we all decide to stop watching his fights, and his fighters? Why be hypocritical?

That way he CAN fail quicker than he probably will already!
    so ur going to let hate of a promoter decide whether u watch his fighters or not? seems pretty lame honestly. I hate oscar i still watch his fighters i used to hate arum i still watched all his fights. You telling me ur not going to watch thurman vs porter cause u dont like haymon? seriously bro give me a break. I get why people get mad at pbc but when ur putting on the amount of fights pbc is putting on tv ur going to have mismatches theres no way around it but pbc is making better fights get over ur hate bro its ridiculous childish and worthless

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MARTINEZ! View Post
      You are naive and ignorant if you think he his hurting himself, he is actually banking more then his boxers. He is uses investors money to buy slots and pay his fighters (not his own money) and he takes home a 15% from their pay before taxes so it is in his very interest to put on the most fights he possibly can and to pay them the most he possibly can, WHY? because he is making money, real money that goes into his account that no one can take back no matter what and that includes if PBC fails miserably.

So dont be naive to think he is doing this to give us free boxing, its all part of a bigger plan to get himself rich as possible off of the sport.

FYI: PBC ratings are steady dropping and dropping. So PBC is failing.
      its hard to tell if they are dropping when most cards are not really designed for big ratings i dont think people are even wrapping their heads around just how many shows he is putting on. even when he puts good cards on people dont care its not about good fights or not people are letting their hate get in the way of a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Have you seen Showtimes or PBC's ratings?

They would suggest a lot of fans did stop watching.
        That's wierd because I'm pretty sure PBC has at least 70-80% of the top 10 most watched fights this year and its highest rated fight doubled the ratings of the highest HBO show which piggybacked off May/Pac

Comment

I think the hate is for the obvious path of b*tchness he puts his fighters in . Not directly towards the guy and he owns so many boxers not watching fighters under him would just hurt boxing.

Comment

Who hates Al Haymon? It makes no sense. Now has he done some things that has irked me? Sure, but every promoter does that when they try to protect their house fighters. He is just another one who does it. I guess from a business standpoint it makes sense for them.

The only thing I can honestly say I dislike about PBC, is the ringwalks LOL. The fights have been surprisingly good lately with a few exceptions.

If i could change anything he has done, it is the flooding. His PBC is all over the place at weird times. I personally feel he should have invested into one big Network like CBS, and bought consistent weekend time slots there. He could have still used cable outlets for smaller cards etc. People would have known where to look and I feel ratings would have steadily built up. The current setup is mass confusion and I have missed some cards because they just slipped by without me knowing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              That's wierd because I'm pretty sure PBC has at least 70-80% of the top 10 most watched fights this year and its highest rated fight doubled the ratings of the highest HBO show which piggybacked off May/Pac
              Lmao there highest rated fight was there first fight.

Ratings been going down ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                I have to give it to Al! He put his head on the line, and invested allot of money into the sport! I already knew that he wouldnt flip a profit, and he will most likely LOSE all of the money, and wont make any in return!

Look at the sacrifice he made for the sport! I see allot of people want him to fail and hate him even though he is putting himself on the line, with zero to no chance of a return!

So why dont we all decide to stop watching his fights, and his fighters? Why be hypocritical?

That way he CAN fail quicker than he probably will already!
                People hate the garbage fights he puts on as main events....
                And the dude is making commission on every fighter he has and pays them from some trust of like $400 million....he's running a scheme where he gets rich and in 2-3 years boxing is off tv again and only on HBO-Showtime where they pay for the fights and he still gets his commission..

When he puts on good fights, people watch....

Comment

When Al had showtime rocking, nobody was bashing him. Just saying.....

Comment

I have nothing against him.
                    I hope he pulls it out!

Comment

There is a vocal group that hate him but it has nothing to do with his TV fights as they decided years ago they were not going to support anything Haymon did.

I'm just going to watch the fights whenever I can whether its Haymon, Arum, Dibella, HBO, SHowtime, SPike, NBC, Fox, beIN, etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X