Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else feel Manny is simply a puppet on a string who will end up broke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiaos American money shud last him a long time in the filipines, plus he's got a political career where he's probably going to make money on the side

Comment

Guillermo Rigondeaux is starving. He hasn't had any fight for a year now. He can't even get out of his contract with Caribe. But I don't see concerns from this TS fanboy and Fighthype. Poor Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        isn't the promoter, who takes the financial risk, supposed to make a profit? U think all of Mannys fights were profitable or Floyd's? It's a business.
        Absolutely no f#cking clue what you are talking about in relation to what I'm talking about. I didn't even bring up promoters or fight card profitability at all.

Floyd, Manny or any elite level boxer bringing in a lot of money is having a lot of cats touching his money besides promoters. If you got the most trustworthy promoter in the world that doesn't mean some other cat (manager, friend you put on, random business associates, etc.) won't try to fleece or hustle you for $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
          Guillermo Rigondeaux is starving. He hasn't had any fight for a year now. He can't even get out of his contract with Caribe. But I don't see concerns from this TS fanboy and Fighthype. Poor Rigo.
          LOL solid point.

You must admit the more fun story for most people is the guy who makes millions upon millions & goes broke & not the guy who's highly successful but not on the millions upon millions level or the guy who's struggling along who while good is never making 6 digit purses his entire career & ill prepared to be a "regular job" type guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            I feel bad for him - he's clearly got a team around him who manipulate him and basically use him. They don't care for him at all.

I think we can all agree that Manny has the worst deal in boxing, Bob Arum is clearly taking him for a ride just like Don King did to Iron Mike.
            The problem is Manny is not smart enough to realise it.

I hope he gets away from that crew of leeches.
            Fraud will end up broke way before Pac does. In fact I don't ever see Pac ever ending up broke. He lives like a king in the Phillipines, he can put his face on any product and make him a few million. He's also got his political career, movies and music.

Fraud on the other hand, what does he have? A mediocre promotional company who'll get taken from him when Haymon, Sheaffer and Ellerbie want like the they almost did Oscar. No investments, endorsements, no tv gigs, no movie gigs, no music career, and a huge gambling problem. He's also too dumb to go into politics or do anything else. Can you imagine him on tv color commenting on a fight and stuttering the whole time? He's f***ed when he leaves boxing for good.

Comment

I'll lay odds Mayweather goes broke wayyyyyyyyyyy before Pacquaio. If he stays retired,
              Please God he does, he'll be broke within 5 yrs.. He hasn't got the sense God gave a goat. They'll take him to the cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                I feel bad for him - he's clearly got a team around him who manipulate him and basically use him. They don't care for him at all.

I think we can all agree that Manny has the worst deal in boxing, Bob Arum is clearly taking him for a ride just like Don King did to Iron Mike.
                The problem is Manny is not smart enough to realise it.

I hope he gets away from that crew of leeches.
                One thing is guaranteed. He will end up with more money than u so dont feel too bad for him

Comment

I say good for manny if this is actually his last fight. I expected arum to keep him around much longer and turn into James toney. But if he keeps fighting then yea I think he'll be fuked in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                    Fraud will end up broke way before Pac does. In fact I don't ever see Pac ever ending up broke. He lives like a king in the Phillipines, he can put his face on any product and make him a few million. He's also got his political career, movies and music.

Fraud on the other hand, what does he have? A mediocre promotional company who'll get taken from him when Haymon, Sheaffer and Ellerbie want like the they almost did Oscar. No investments, endorsements, no tv gigs, no movie gigs, no music career, and a huge gambling problem. He's also too dumb to go into politics or do anything else. Can you imagine him on tv color commenting on a fight and stuttering the whole time? He's f***ed when he leaves boxing for good.
                    As is Floyd doesn't have any investments. And lol at being smart for politics. Manny doesn't even know what political party he is yet, true story

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Absolutely no f#cking clue what you are talking about in relation to what I'm talking about. I didn't even bring up promoters or fight card profitability at all.

Floyd, Manny or any elite level boxer bringing in a lot of money is having a lot of cats touching his money besides promoters. If you got the most trustworthy promoter in the world that doesn't mean some other cat (manager, friend you put on, random business associates, etc.) won't try to fleece or hustle you for $$$.
                      exactly but i don't think its proven top rank or koncz are stealing from manny no matter how much people don't like them. i think that manny is too nice to too many people but its his money and his perogative

Comment

Working...
                      X