Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afolabi vs Chakhkiev

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      Glad to see the Nigerians getting the knockouts.... we're normally on the wrong end of those lol.
      LOL! Congrats.

Ola has always been granite. Tough match for a guy like Rakhim. Some nice upsets so far. Neither one of the Nigerian upsetters is too surprising to me. That said I follow cruiserweight more than any other division and I've followed both Ola and Durodola for a long time. Durodola since his debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
        LOL! Congrats.

Ola has always been granite. Tough match for a guy like Rakhim. Some nice upsets so far. Neither one of the Nigerian upsetters is too surprising to me. That said I follow cruiserweight more than any other division and I've followed both Ola and Durodola for a long time. Durodola since his debut.
        Can you tell us something about Durodola? Didnīt look like the most skilled boxer but he sure could sell lots of tickets with good promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
          Afolabi vs Chakhkiev

The exact outcome I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            best div in boxing. Unlike WW the fights get made.
            Agreed. 20 or so competitive fighters at the top, lots of KO power and not too much politics and ducking now that Sauerland is out of the division. The fights look a lot like old fashioned HWs before super heavies took over. I hope we see Usyk vs a top ten guy soon.

Comment

Ola has ever been good and tough and vs Huck fights could go other ways, Chakkiev is good and tough too and i like him but he fights too wild sometimes, hands down during flurries and become impatient...,the better man won indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Can you tell us something about Durodola? Didnīt look like the most skilled boxer but he sure could sell lots of tickets with good promotion.
                To me he's pretty much like any other top cruiser. Chill or be chilled type although the ultimate ice cold killer cruiser was Ezra Sellers and most current top cruisers don't seem as vulnerable as Ezra did. He lost to Mchunu on NBC a while back but is good enough.

Cruiserweight is fun for me because I imagine in my head that the cruisers are the follow up from Lewis' days instead of the Klitschkos. Hopefully Haymon can get the division heated in America because its been a European hot seat for a long time.

Comment

Been a fan of Ola for a long time, but thought after he lost to Ramirez that was a wrap on him being world champion.

IBO title isnt a world title, but it's close. Don't think a Glowacki fight is likely, but I'd love to see him go all-in against Drozd.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    LOL! Congrats.

I've been waiting for someone to put us back on the map since Sam Peter got fat lol.

I think Africa in general just needs better trainers cause physically we have the tools, we just lack the skills at top level.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                      Wow - huge huge upset with the Kudryashov defeat. Is he just over-rated or is something else going on behind the scenes?
                      Overrated as hell. I was never impressed, only Thing he has is power. no skill, no defense. And Chakhiev has no Ring-IQ and a glass chin. I watched the whole Card, nice boxing-event!
                      Last edited by Tobi.G; 11-04-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X