No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Credits Cesar Bazan Bout In Shaping His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    That and Cotto only had 13 pro fights when he fought Bazan.
    And I think that was the first time he had gone that many rounds as well.

Here's part 1 of the fight.

Comment

I used to absolutely hate Cesar Bazan because he was the first to beat one of my favourite fighters of the time, Stevie Johnston. But he was an excellent fighter in his day and still had a little left in the tank at the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Yeah are we supposed to just know how Bazan shaped his career? SMH.

Bazan was a damn good fighter in his prime. Probably taught Miguel a few tricks in there.
        Cesar Bazan was far from being a damn good fighter at his prime since he only made two defenses of a title he won in the light weight division. When Bazan faced cotto, he was in decadence having lost 2 of his last 3 (in the 135 Lbs against Castilo y gerena). Cesar had just moved up to the 140 Lbs past his prime when he fought cotto and ended his career with 12 losses. Bazan was a journey man past his prime jumping to 140 lbs and again far from being someone extraordinary so there is no need to exaggerate about him.

Comment

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
          Cesar Bazan was far from being a damn good fighter at his prime since he only made two defenses of a title he won in the light weight division. When Bazan faced cotto, he was in decadence having lost 2 of his last 3 (in the 135 Lbs against Castilo y gerena). Cesar had just moved up to the 140 Lbs past his prime when he fought cotto and ended his career with 12 losses. Bazan was a journey man past his prime jumping to 140 lbs and again far from being someone extraordinary so there is no need to exaggerate about him.
          Who said he was in his prime when he fought Cotto? Sensitive are we? I said in his prime he was good, not when he fought Cotto. You're talking about a world champ who beat a prime Stevie Johnston for his first world title. And fought him tough in their rematch as well. Bazan was exactly the kind of fighter who could probably teach a young boxer a thing or two in the ring.

Comment

that was a great step up in class early in his career for migs as well as about the time i switched up from maxboxing forums to this ***n place.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
              And I think that was the first time he had gone that many rounds as well.

Here's part 1 of the fight.

word true that.... I also have a link to ALL of miguel cotto's fights. I made a career thread for him.

Link is in my sig

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                word true that.... I also have a link to ALL of miguel cotto's fights. I made a career thread for him.

Link is in my sig
                I'm aware, I've actually watched a lot of his fights from you sig. Thanks for sharing all those fights.

Would green you more but I gotta spread the love more.

Comment

In an interview a year or two before the first Margarito fight Cotto said that Bazan was his toughest opponent he has ever faced because "he kept coming forward and brought a lot of pressure".

Comment

Working...
                  X