Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyde: Rigo Destroyed Own Career..."Turned Down Many Multi-Million Dollar Offers"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    How would you even know unless you keep Top Rank's books? Manny is a hero, 0 percent interest like a Kia or couch!
    I dont have to keep Top Ranks books to know it would be a stupid idea. It would be a bookkeeping and regulatory nightmare, not to mention I doubt Top Rank is licensed as a lender. And yes, a business lending money to an independant contractor at interest would be treated differently than your Aunt Tilly loaning you 50 bucks.

Could they do it? Maybe. I just find it very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      I dont have to keep Top Ranks books to know it would be a stupid idea. It would be a bookkeeping and regulatory nightmare, not to mention I doubt Top Rank is licensed as a lender. And yes, a business lending money to an independant contractor at interest would be treated differently than your Aunt Tilly loaning you 50 bucks.

Could they do it? Maybe. I just find it very unlikely.
      Charging interest on personal loans is a stupid idea? Maybe you should share this revalation with banks and lenders around the world.

Comment

damn I like Rigo but he needs to fight more,his last fight was nearly a year ago..it's probably hard for him to get good opposition but I'm sure there are some people who're wiling to fight him. Look at golovkin,he's been fighting bum after bum and casuals make him to be the greatest ever lol

Comment

Charging interest on personal loans is a stupid idea? Maybe you should share this revalation with banks and lenders around the world.
          So you have knowledge that Top Rank is licensed as a lender? Interesting......

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            promoters do not take a "cut", except in limited instances where they lose a purse bid. Its in the Ali Act.

And before you cite it as "well known", 20 morons on a message board saying Top Rank takes 27% of Pac purses doesnt make that a FACT.
            You're wrong. Read Mikey's complaint. It's public info as part of the lawsuit. Since you know your **** you can find it.
            Last edited by -PBP-; 11-02-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
              The promoters would likely split the percentage, he shouldn't have to pay 20% to one and 20% to the other. It would usually be 20% total, where each promoter gets 10%. If he's paying 40% to his promoters, that is literally highway robbery. If That's the case then Rigo is screwing himself over.

The way the pay usually goes is... Managers get 33% (standard). Trainers get 10% (standard). Promoters take around 20%.
              That maybe standard bit Caribe takes 20% off top according to Hyde. He can't really lie either because they will likely fight in court at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                damn I like Rigo but he needs to fight more,his last fight was nearly a year ago..it's probably hard for him to get good opposition but I'm sure there are some people who're wiling to fight him. Look at golovkin,he's been fighting bum after bum and casuals make him to be the greatest ever lol
                People fight Golovkin because they can get paid at least a million fighting on HBO in front of at least a million viewers. The same cannot be said about Rigo as much as I enjoy his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                  You're wrong. Read Mikey's contract. It's public info as part of the lawsuit. Since you know your **** you can find it.
                  I read it. There's nothing about a 20% cut. Only specific guarantees.
                  http://www.badculture.net/wp-content...sTopRank-1.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    I read it. There's nothing about a 20% cut. Only specific guarantees.
                    http://www.badculture.net/wp-content...sTopRank-1.pdf
                    Exactly. The only thing it allows Top Rank to deduct from the purse is to pay the sanctioning fees on behalf of the fighter.

Now in Mikey's complain he alleges that Top Rank took more than 10% of his "gross", but he provides no evidence of that in the lawsuit.
                    Last edited by OnePunch; 11-02-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

You guys really can't stop tilting at windmills when it comes to your boy can you? Furthermore, how the hell would any of us know what percentage Pac owes based on his between fight advances? Top Rank isn't a publicly traded company, their books are their own.
                      Dude one punch has more knowledge than you, he is involved in the boxing world you are making yourself look dumb posting from your basement, trying to one up a guy by accussing him of being a pacquiao fanboy, one punch worked with nate campbell and was his longtime advisor i believe. How would he be pro pac or top rank? Some of you floyd os are really one track minded everything is a conspiracy.

So who should have more knowledge you a fan boy living at home, or one punch who actually works in the boxing wolrd?

Comment

Working...
                      X