Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    Floyd-Berto sold more then i expected.

GGG-Lemieux sold less then i expected.

Im having fun reading the comments from the NSB actuaries though. As if when Showtime gave Floyd that contract, they expected every single PPV to sell 1.5 million plus. You ******s are hilarious. Showtime was so disapointed in Floyd-Berto that they tried to re-sign Floyd to another long term deal.

So we are talking disapointment, who is disapointed exactly?
    lol yep.

that's the reason Floyd/Berto took so long for it to be announced.

they wanted Floyd to extend his contract for 3 more fights and Floyd turn it down.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Look Floyd was the p4p king...he broke all the records...GGG was overhyped as a draw and has LOTS of work to do....Why are people so defensive about this??? HE IS NOT THE DRAW YA'LL THOUGHT HE WAS....all that A-side bull**** was premature and he has to EARN IT!!!!!!!!!! POINT BLANK PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Another financial wizard here. You try to sell life insurance to people on here and you dont even understand a budget.

again, that wasn't the question. I don't know why it's so hard for you guys to answer the question. It's pretty pathetic honestly that you all can't answer it.
        Ok man i'll answer the question Floyd/Berto lost more money sure. Without lookig at the big picture yes the numbers are worse. Rejoice the fact that you don't understand the meaning of context.

Why are you so simple minded? Let me make an analogy for you.

Everyday from Monday through Friday you take a bus to the forest to collect berries that you later sell for a profit making around 10 bucks a day while spending 1 on the bus rides. On Thursday, you manage to find a bush filled with berries and to your amazement people outside the forest desperately want them and you sell them to them overpriced.

The berries end up giving you 50 bucks but the cherries ****** and they refuse to buy anymore from you. On Friday you don't catch the bus but you take a taxi and you don't sell any berries.You ended up losing money on the taxi ride and sure you said this day ****** but yesterday I made plenty so it isn't a total loss.

Do you think Showtime's budget is arranged on a fight to fight basis because if you think it was then you have no leg to stand on ironically calling Larry a financial genius.

Comment

If you want to look at the two fights in a vacuum, then yes, Floyd-Berto was more disappointing.

I don't.

With all the numbers and finances being thrown around, it's like Floyd just became an overnight $30+million per fight fighter for the Berto fight to appease some arguments.

You had years of huge build up and hype for Manny-Floyd, and we got what we got. It would be like the new Star Wars movie being nothing more than Jar Jar Binks trying to plow Yusaf Mack with a light saber shaped *****.

So you get the backlash of that, plus Berto being named his next opponent, and the PPV buys aren't going to be so hot.

But meanwhile, with Golovkin-Lemewinks, we have GGG "the new face of boxing" with his big drama show, and guys from both Golden Boy and K2 trying to piss down the publics leg while telling them it's raining with the ole It's gonna be the next Hagler-Hearns! oh, did I forget the Apple commercial, going triple Hungry Man dinners.

Floyd is retired, and GGG is still fighting.

In the grand scheme of things, with all the variables involved, I'm going with GGG's 97k being the bigger disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Actually if I recall correctly, the polls had GGG/Lemeiux doing around 250k while the polls had Floyd/Berto doing 500-750k.

When you factor in the budget for what it cost to put each card on and the return on the investment, Stevie Wonder can see which was the bigger flop.
            Even if you use the 750k number for Mayweather he still did 52% of his expected number and Little G did 39%. Little G was a bigger flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              Even if you use the 750k number for Mayweather he still did 52% of his expected number and Little G did 39%. Little G was a bigger flop.
              Ok. Now do the percentages on how much each card lost given the money spent.

Comment

Alright. Later guys. Had a few hours to kill and figured I stir some shiet up! LOL.

Gotta go now....

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  Ok. Now do the percentages on how much each card lost given the money spent.
                  That's not what you asked when you made this thread. You asked which was more disappointing not which lost less money. Little G flopped hard, one of the biggest flops in PPV history going by expectations.

Comment

GGG's cause it was lower than EVERYONE'S expectations.

Lawl

Comment

Originally posted by Reigning Champ View Post
                      None of them were hyped up as much as GGG is being now though
                      All of the, were hyped over a longer period of time.. Most of them spent years in major undercards like tyson, foreman, chavez, Oscar.. Much like how canelo was featured on Floyd's undercards...

Plus boxing 10-15 years ago had a plethora of stars, 90s had tyson, evander, foreman, lennox, chavez, roy jones, etc and guys like Oscar were always on the undercard, and then guys like Oscar, tito, morales, barrera became stars and guys like manny, floyd and cotto piggybacked off them..
                      Manny and floyd during their PPv run, never highlighted guys on the undercard..
                      Verdejo should have been on every manny undercard for the past few years and so should wilder be on Floyd's..
                      Plus to really become a star you have to get the pass torched to you by an already established name..
                      Duran put over leonard, hearns n hagler
                      Spinks n Holmes for tyson..
                      Chavez and pernell for Oscar
                      Oscar n pernell for Tito
                      Oscar made Mosley
                      Mosely made cotto
                      Barrera and morales made manny into a PPv attraction
                      Oscar made floyd and manny the faces of boxing..
                      Floyd made canelo

Now the only true PPv stars are floyd, manny, cotto, canelo.. Those are the only guys that can elevate a guy into a PPv attraction..

It's going to be nearly impossible for the current fighters to become such huge stars as their is very slim pickings for guys passing the torch

Comment

Working...
                      X