Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
    this thread backfired big time.....the TS is a pacf@g that thought he was creating another pathetic on of his '***** on floyd' threads(he even had some of his pacf@gg0t brethren try to back him up) and it still didn't work.......when you lose a poll to floyd on nsb(a pro pacf@gg0t forum) then you know you did something bad. #golflopkin #cancrushingonppv
    lmao i luv when dudes get smoked in there own threads

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      Someone posted last week that cotto's first Ppv did 60k. Any validity to this?
      Top Rank PPV against Paulie.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          How? Floyd Vs Berto cost about $85 HD. I dunno what cable provider u have but I also bought both. $60 HD and $85 HD were the prices. In fact I don't know the last time a floyd ppv costed $60.
          I live in so cal have time warner cable and paid $60 for each sounds like you got screwed

Comment

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
            lmao i luv when dudes get smoked in there own threads
            I don't see how it backfired? Anyone with a brain can see that the bigger bomb was GGG hands down

Comment

• Probably the most hilarious thread backfire since the "fair and balanced" boxrec one.

On topic, I'll pick the "saviour" of boxing and in an overhyped fight over the PPV king in a short notice, universally panned one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                I live in so cal have time warner cable and paid $60 for each sounds like you got screwed
                No. I'm pretty sure that was what the whole ppv was marketed as country wide. There is no "getting screwed." Everyone I know paid the sane amount. In fact u are the only one I know thst paid $60. I dunno where u live but in NYC both Fios aND Time Warner had it for 85.

Comment

• Mayweather has retired as a very rich man so it doesn't matter how many buys he got. He already broke all records with the Pacquiao fight. GGG is my favorite fighter so I always want him to do well.

Comment

• I never cared who has the better buys or what the numbers are. The Mayweather ppv was a joke and many of the people just bought it because it was a big fight. They had no idea what kind of fighter Berto was and how many people had beat him.

Comment

• Fraud's was more disappointing. He had an 82% drop from his last fight, way more famous than GGG and more promotion, higher ticket prices, less tickets sold than his last fight and being promoted as his last fight. And the fight was a bore and had no excitement whatsoever.

GGG's first PPV, barely promoted, nobody knows him or his opponent and following the two let-down PPVs that were May 2, and Sept 12. Casuals are tired of being duped into paying PPVs, which is why the PPV was low but the live gate of 20,568 was a success. And the fight itself was exciting, people didn't leave bored.

Bottom line, Showtime lost money and Fraud bored fans. GGG didn't bore anyone and the promotion didn't go into the red.

Comment

Working...
                      X