Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you foresee the WBC working around GGG's mandatory shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you foresee the WBC working around GGG's mandatory shot?

Lets be real here guys, do you really think the WBC is going to mandate the winner of Cotto vs Canelo especially if its Canelo? Well my question is, how do you see the WBC working away around its own rules allowing the Canelo vs Cotto winner to keep the belt? Will they make up a new belt? Will money be offered to GGG??

I see Canelo not caring about the belt so he will drop if he wins.

Cotto will drag GGG down or kick rocks....if canelo doesnt vacate then he too will drag GGG down and GGG will have to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      I see Canelo not caring about the belt so he will drop if he wins.

Cotto will drag GGG down or kick rocks....if canelo doesnt vacate then he too will drag GGG down and GGG will have to do it
      IDK man, Canelo means alot of $ to the WBC, even if Canelo laid the belt down in front of the WBC office, I think theyd FedEx it back to him calling it a Diamond belt...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        IDK man, Canelo means alot of $ to the WBC, even if Canelo laid the belt down in front of the WBC office, I think theyd FedEx it back to him calling it a Diamond belt...
        Then you probably answered your own question about how they will work around it.

Make Canelo the "super" "diamond" or even "super-duper" champion

Comment

The WBC has left no grey area in their comments regarding Golovkin's mandatory and they would be open to a lawsuit. Remember, Golovkin has been paying WBC sanctioning fees for his last 4 fights already.

Either Canelo-Cotto drops the belt or they make another deal with Golovkin's team. Dan Rafael said in one of his chats that Golovkin got very close to $1Million to step aside this time.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
            The WBC has left no grey area in their comments regarding Golovkin's mandatory and they would be open to a lawsuit. Remember, Golovkin has been paying WBC sanctioning fees for his last 4 fights already.

Either Canelo-Cotto drops the belt or they make another deal with Golovkin's team. Dan Rafael said in one of his chats that Golovkin got very close to $1Million to step aside this time.
            Close to a mil? Damn if I were GGG Id milk that cow til you couldnt anymore.

Comment

Close to a mil? Damn if I were GGG Id milk that cow til you couldnt anymore.
              Have you not heard the comments from his team. I think they are

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Have you not heard the comments from his team. I think they are
                TBH, I kinda hear the same rhetoric from his team so when I see a post from them I usually skip it but smart move by team GGG, I may not care for him but if theres one thing I cant stand in boxing is the sanctioning bodies so im all for someone sticking it to them...

Comment

LOL. Yea this is kinda my stance. Idk how they do it, but I suspect Canelo will have a hard time losing the belt or find himself getting a new belt somehow someway.

People don't realize or ignore that these alphabet groups get 3% of purses for the fights they sanction so its important for them to be getting that 3% from the biggest purses in the sport. Thats why rules get bent & even broken at times for certain fighters & guys who don't generate big purses are easily stripped. People who hype belts don't realize this is just a company trying to take home as much profit as possible not some entity looking out for boxing or whos the real champion.

Comment

I don't think the WBC can get around the mandatory since they've been on record numerous times about enforcing the mandatory and K2 could take legal action if they wanted. The only way around it is if Canelo/GB makes some kind of deal with K2, i.e step aside money. I could possibly see K2 agreeing to one more fight for Canelo, but they shouldn't bend at all they've been waiting way too long. If K2 doesn't show any backbone, Golovkin should seriously take a look at another promoter (not sure how long he's under contract though).

Comment

Working...
                    X