Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring Magazine Hits A New Low

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ronda went from UFC to girl boxing she would take a gigantic pay cut. So not going to happen.

As far as the Ring Magazine cover, who cares? That magazine is owned by a boxing promoter so their credibility is shaky at best.

Comment

Wow

That's awful... There are actual boxers who deserve da cover

Shyt her stand up skills suck

Comment

I thought this was going to be another pointless bickering thread about nothing.

But nope, op is right boxing fans don't give a **** about Mma or rousey, and this really is a new low for The Ring.

Comment

Has Rousey said she wants to box or even hinted at boxing???

Weird cover for Ring, but as the other cat said whatever sells mags I guess. Ronda trying to bounce off Floyd heat, Ring might as well try to bounce off Ronda's heat.

Comment

I think that dude is gonna be pretty good in the future

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              de la Hoya is still but hurt over that SD loss from a decade ago.

Best believe that had some influence in the owner of the ring putting her on the cover when she aint even a damn boxer and isnt even a good striker in mma.
              Ha. Hadn't thought about that. Oscar seems real *****-ish about all things Mayweather so this wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

She should call out Anne Wolfe and have Mills Lane ref.

Comment

From a PR perspective, it's a horrible look. How the **** can you have the face of a rival sport gracing your cover? It's the equivalent of the WWF having someone like Bill Goldberg on it's magazine cover during the peak of the WWF-WCW war.

Worst of all, they're doing this at the expense of one of their own. Granted, no one ever gave a **** about Holly Holm or women's boxing while she was active, but at least it'd have made sense given her history.

Comment

This is just a coked out De La Hoya's way of getting back at Floyd.

We all know The Ring magazine is owned by Golden Boy

Comment

Originally posted by Anita Gofradump View Post
                      From a PR perspective, it's a horrible look. How the **** can you have the face of a rival sport gracing your cover? It's the equivalent of the WWF having someone like Bill Goldberg on it's magazine cover during the peak of the WWF-WCW war.

Worst of all, they're doing this at the expense of one of their own. Granted, no one ever gave a **** about Holly Holm or women's boxing while she was active, but at least it'd have made sense given her history.
                      She'd still get it doe. And I'd have the gimp from pulp fiction record it too!

Comment

Working...
                      X