No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: Hagler Would Have Too Much For Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
    haggler thumbed roldan cause he would have been KO'd. vito anterfermo beat hagler first time in the rematch hagler being scared he would lose again butted vitos face to shreds and fight was called for cuts. HAGLER NEVER MOVED UP IN WEGHT
    No. The foul was Roldan hitting Marvin on the back of his head. Are you saying that Hagler's uppercut to Roldan's eye was in fact a thumb? I'll look closer as I haven't seen that.
    As for the Antuofermo fight, check this out: "For Mills Lane, who refereed the brawling, bloody middleweight title fight which preceded the Leonard-Benitez bout at Caesars Palace, the outcome was as apparent as the many cuts on Vito Antuofermo's craggy face. Moving quickly to the corner of Marvin Hagler, Mills directed the challenger to turn and face the ABC-TV cameras. "Congratulations," Mills murmured. "Now stay facing this way until they announce the decision and I raise your arm."

Comment

• This thread is a perfect explanation of why some of us want the Ward fight to happen. Win or lose we would get a measure of what GGG is. He's got some special tools for sure but against this division at this time we just don't know.

He beats Ward, no one is having this conversation.

Ward schools him, no one is having this conversation.

Comment

• If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Comment

• Love how LEnnox tries to support the fighters from his generation.

Golovkin would have wasted Hagler beyond any doubt.

Comment

how the phuck would I do that it was 30 years ago and it was talked about a lot. hagler never moved up in weight
            No it wasn't. Claiming that Hagler avoided a Spinks fight fits your ggg loving agenda, but it's simply not true

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              Love how LEnnox tries to support the fighters from his generation.

Golovkin would have wasted Hagler beyond any doubt.
              Based on what? Your anti American agenda?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Daddy View Post
                No. The foul was Roldan hitting Marvin on the back of his head. Are you saying that Hagler's uppercut to Roldan's eye was in fact a thumb? I'll look closer as I haven't seen that.
                As for the Antuofermo fight, check this out: "For Mills Lane, who refereed the brawling, bloody middleweight title fight which preceded the Leonard-Benitez bout at Caesars Palace, the outcome was as apparent as the many cuts on Vito Antuofermo's craggy face. Moving quickly to the corner of Marvin Hagler, Mills directed the challenger to turn and face the ABC-TV cameras. "Congratulations," Mills murmured. "Now stay facing this way until they announce the decision and I raise your arm."
                do not know what you mean with mills lane. is that the first fight

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Based on what? Your anti American agenda?
                  based on what your black face and lewis's

Comment

based on what your black face and lewis's
                    I'm not black ya dumb racist priick
                    Last edited by just the facts; 10-28-2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

do not know what you mean with mills lane. is that the first fight
                      Yes, Lane was the referee for the first fight, and he was a very well respected ref too. So the quote is a way of saying that Hagler clearly won the fight in Mill Lane's opinion. Take it for what it is worth. I know that the Associated Press had it 143-142 for Vito, and KO ****zine scored it 144-141 for Hagler, so opinions varied. I thought that Hagler won. I am not always right according to my brothers. BoxRec.com was my source. Here's the link, and if you want a few laughs, read the Pat Putnam (SI) article which is provided: http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:23302
                      Last edited by Mr.Daddy; 10-28-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X