Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kathy Duva makes HBO look bad, bluff the WBC and shows everyone how Kovalev's a duck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kathy Duva is a small time promoter who is just trying to stay in business.

Of course she doesn't want to lose a purse bid against someone with unlimited amount of money...then she will make no money on the fight, and her one ally (HBO) will not be happy either.

This is just small business trying not to get swallowed by big corporation.

It shouldn't be so hard to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post

Of course she doesn't want to lose a purse bid against someone with unlimited amount of money...then she will make no money on the fight, and her one ally (HBO) will not be happy either.

While all of this is probably true, why did she ask for the purse bid? If she had no intention of following through, bad move on her part. It leaves Kovalev looking bad.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        While all of this is probably true, why did she ask for the purse bid? If she had no intention of following through, bad move on her part. It leaves Kovalev looking bad.
        yeah i don't know what she was thinking with that move, but i think most of us realize kovalev would love to beat the crap out of stevenson.

Comment

Comment

I'm not hard on Kathy Duva, I actually like her and I think she is a very smart Lady when she starts talking about the business side of boxing and all that stuff.

She don't have that type of Power to get things done on her own. If she did not get that deal for Kovalev with HBO, it would have been extremely difficult for her to keep Kovalev considering the type of money these other promoters have.

She can't afford to get into a Purse Bid because she knows she is not in position to win it right now. Plus her fighter has every other belt in the Division, he really don't need the WBC even though I'm sure if it was up to Kovalev he would fight anybody and try to collect all of the Belts.

I wish Promoters could all sit in 1 Room and everybody come to an agreement to work with each other but too many egos involves so that will never happen. This Divide in boxing among Fans, Promoters, Networks and all that stuff, will be the Downfall Of Boxing!

Now you have Networks like HBO trying to control boxing, that is never good with Corporations are trying to match make for Promoters
            Last edited by sicko; 10-26-2015, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              Who are you trying to kid with this nonsense...

Stevenson ran to Haymon/Showtime to run from kovalov the same way Chavez ran to them to run from GGG.
              How many boxers have suffered under Top Rank? Chavez Jr., Mikey Garcia, Cotto, as of late... if anybody's running, it's the boxers running away from their promoters. This is why Haymon is the dude.

Comment

All I know is Stevenson is steady fighting tincans and bringing SMWs up to 175. Kovalev is rematching Pascal,a legit LHW that Stevenson pretended didn't exist when asked.

Comment

Duva does confuse me

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post

But she said she had Russian investors with way more money to back her up remember?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      All I know is Stevenson is steady fighting tincans and bringing SMWs up to 175. Kovalev is rematching Pascal,a legit LHW that Stevenson pretended didn't exist when asked.
                      LOL.lets not act like the Pascal rematch is not a **** fight..that has to be one of the most pointless rematches ever

Comment

Working...
                      X