Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[shedding knowledge] Killer mike "Floyd Mayweather Has Dispelled Myths About Blacks"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [shedding knowledge] Killer mike "Floyd Mayweather Has Dispelled Myths About Blacks"

Killer Mike also addresses the physical confrontations Mayweather has had with the women in his life.

Killer Mike says that world championship boxer Floyd “Money” Mayweather should be appreciated more than he is.

"I am not sure about folks who tell me they don't ‘like’ Floyd,” Killer Mike writes in the caption of an Instagram photo of Mayweather with more than a dozen of his boxing championship belts that he posted today (October 23). "He works Hard, he refuses to be handled so he Went into biz himself. He partners with another black man 'Al Haymon', and they have dominated while dispelling that 'blacks can't be in biz with on another myth of evil’.”

After stating that Mayweather enriched his family by employing them and by moving past disagreements with them, Killer Mike says that Mayweather has also done things other boxers have not.

"He saved his health and is wise with his dollar so his children's children will prosper (that is some biblical King David **** right there),” the Run The Jewels rapper writes. "He played the fool, full of folly & fooled us all. We thought he was drinking and he was training, we thought he was smoking and joking but naw he was training. He created a style in which none cud defeat him! Call it Running I call it evading . It is what Akido preaches. Use your opponents energy & force against them. He knows you used more energy missing so he made u miss and when he got the chances he pelted you. After the fight was over u were tired worn and puffy while he was smiling smooth faced & talking ****!”
    respesct......

full article here,, http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.35999/ti...s-about-blacks

Killer Mike is one of the illest out of ATL......he is 100% correct too.

Comment

Good point about the hard work. It's a bit negated by several other things, but you simply can't deny the man's work ethic.

Comment

I'm white and I've always felt there was a least some racism involved with white people hating floyd...especially older white men. I will never be convinced otherwise when it comes to guys like larry merchant. There's some underlying venom there that i feel would not be so pronounced if floyd wasn't so successful.

Comment

Why is Killer Mike's opinion any more important that anybody else's opinion. I tend not to trust a guy who's first name is Killer.

Comment

He made some points. Guy needs to drop more music. Easily one of my favorites from the south

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Why is Killer Mike's opinion any more important that anybody else's opinion. I tend not to trust a guy who's first name is Killer.
              To be fair to Killer Mike he only kills mics otherwise he's an incredibly intelligent and articulate dude.

Once again he's not wrong. While Mayweather is quite a flawed person nothing was handed to him and he worked hard to get where he is and in that respect he can be considered a role model. The man is by no means perfect but you can still respect his skill and drive to succeed while criticising the less respectable aspects of his character.

As for the criticisms of Mayweather's career, it can easily be said that certainly be said that at times he has sought to gain advantages over his opponents whenever he could and fought them when they were at their weakest which goes against most peoples ideals about sportsmanship and fair play but it has to be said it doesn't go against the ideals of capitalism and your American Dream.

Comment

Floyd is a pu$$y for ducking Khan 4 times though, it is what it is. Ain't no Killer Mike saying this **** gonna change the facts. Mayweather got a vagina plain and simple - PMS included.

Comment

You can't really dislike what Floyd accomplished or hate on him without an agenda when you put the most minimal amount of thought into what he did & what it took to do what he did. Most people who dislike any elite boxers very passionately are f#cking momos. You can't hate on Floyd, Manny, Oscar, Gennady, Andre or whoever & not be a f#cking momo cuz they have sacrificed so much to get where they are that most keyboard warriors couldn't mentally grasp the day to day, month to month, year to year work that has been put into achieving what they've achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by zerosixthree View Post
                    To be fair to Killer Mike he only kills mics otherwise he's an incredibly intelligent and articulate dude.

Once again he's not wrong. While Mayweather is quite a flawed person nothing was handed to him and he worked hard to get where he is and in that respect he can be considered a role model. The man is by no means perfect but you can still respect his skill and drive to succeed while criticising the less respectable aspects of his character.

As for the criticisms of Mayweather's career, it can easily be said that certainly be said that at times he has sought to gain advantages over his opponents whenever he could and fought them when they were at their weakest which goes against most peoples ideals about sportsmanship and fair play but it has to be said it doesn't go against the ideals of capitalism and your American Dream.
                    I would like to know how do u judge if a fighter is at the weakest point of his career? u don't believe in the concept "u can only judge a fighter based on his last/recent fight)?

Comment

Working...
                    X