Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Money" Mayweather vs "Good Boy" Golovkin @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
    This fight is not a boxing but a circus show. They are too far apart in weight. Cotto and Canelo are significantly heavier than Floyd and they both claim that they are too small for GGG (of course in case of Canelo this claim is the false one)

Its not that unrealistic when you look at the actual numbers. Its only a circus show because of everyones posturing on weights all the damn time these days.

Even stupid **** like Canelo saying hes too small for 160, would have to fight GGG at 155..... when he damn well weighs more than GGG for every single fight.

Ignoring all of that... you have floyd who is 152 max fight night, you have GGG who has been around 168 fight night, was 165 30 days out... GGG can make 154 and in a healthy way. Its completely realistic looking at the facts and ignoring political posturing on weight the fighters go through at every negotiation

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      I love this pathetic excuse from the GGGroupies.

What the hell has ggg done at 154 lbs to get to fight for a 154 lbs title hhmmm?
      Same thing Mayweather did at JMW to get a title fight with DLH (hint, he didn't do anything at that division at the time). Hell it didn't even have to be for a title either.

I've seen many fighters have no history in a division and get a title shot because they were a champion in another division. WBO allows that exeption (how a WBO titleholder has the right to challenge for the WBO in another division higher or lower) but other fighter have done it also with other title belts (Floyd Mayweather challenged De La Hoya for the title at 154 despite no history there at the time). It happens all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
        Same thing Mayweather did at JMW to get a title fight with DLH (hint, he didn't do anything at that division at the time). Hell it didn't even have to be for a title either.
        Floyd was the WBC welterweight Champion. ODH was the WBC Super Welterweight Champion.

I'm sure if you follow boxing you would know why Floyd was allowed to fight for ODH's title at 154 lbs.

So why then are you

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          I would love to see this fight.

Realistically, GGG can make 154. He was 165 30 days out from his last fight. He comes in 168-170 fight night. A 14 pound weight cut isnt drastic, Canelo was cutting more than this and still does.

I wonder if GGG would even be the betting line favorite.

Floyd has every single advantage over GGG besides power and size, hes over came power and size nearly his entire career. I think he outboxes GGG to a wide UD.
          Canelo is 25 years old; Golovkin is 33, going on 34 years old. Boiling down a stone (14 pounds), from the weight that you're primed and fit at, is a lot to ask a 34 year old body to do.

Canelo is literally 1-2 years away from no longer being able to physically make that cut in weight and still have any energy for the fight.

Comment

i think at mayweather age ggg edges him because of his size. i just dont see the weight limit being enough to even it out because of his age hes still gonna blow up after weigh ins. the real question tho is 2 guys in their fighting primes ggg and ward at 168 who wins

Comment

Mayweather stands no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                i think at mayweather age ggg edges him because of his size. i just dont see the weight limit being enough to even it out because of his age hes still gonna blow up after weigh ins. the real question tho is 2 guys in their fighting primes ggg and ward at 168 who wins
                What about a prime Floyd?

Comment

Even at 154 Mayweather would need a great performance to win. I don't think he has one more great fight in him, and would be knocked out if he returned to fight Golovkin. The last time he was truly great imo was Canelo. I think a fresher Mayweather would win a decision at 154 though.

Don't agree with Golovkin having better balance, hunger or conditioning than Mayweather, not that his are bad but Mayweather is close to perfect in those areas. Chin and heart are debatable but I think they should be even. Agree with the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    Floyd was the WBC welterweight Champion. ODH was the WBC Super Welterweight Champion.

I'm sure if you follow boxing you would know why Floyd was allowed to fight for ODH's title at 154 lbs.

So why then are you
                    Who's crying?

I answered the question. I was asked what did GGG do at 154 and I said nothing, just like Mayweather. It's also no different than Floyd getting a title shot against Cotto in 2012 despite not fighting in the division for 5 years for the WBA title.

So yea, I'm 100% right. I don't even think WBC has that rule. I know WBO has the rule but not WBC.
                    Last edited by Raonic; 10-24-2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                      Who's crying?

I answered the question. I was asked what did GGG do at 154 and I said nothing, just like Mayweather. It's also no different than Floyd getting a title shot against Cotto in 2012 despite not fighting in the division for 5 years for the WBA title.

So yea, I'm 100% right. I don't even think WBC has that rule. I know WBO has the rule but not WBC.
                      WBC does. That's why floyd was able to hold two WBC belts. No WBO because WBO doesn't allow that. Their rule is that you cannot hold two belts in different weight classes from the same organization. (which I agree with unless you fight two mandos one for each)

Comment

Working...
                      X