Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "GGG doesn't have to agree to the 155. He'll still get belt, and it can't go lower than 155". ..................So the catchweight is 155 but no one can weigh UNDER 155 either? Really?

I think you need to do alot more research.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      Fear is a big motivated.

GGG may just unify the MW division based on Fear alone.

Really, go listen to it. 50/50, means split, money. I want 50/50, that doesn't mean CW.

I know you dislike dude, but putting words in his mouth, I proved you wrong, so now you just infer what they mean.

Besides, Wards a LHW, GGG is a MW who weighs as much as Canelo. Wouldn't a CW be the thing there.

GGG was willing to come all the way to 154 for Floyd.
      You keep saying he never said cw out his mouth, his exact words are 50/50 money and 50/50 weight he will fight ward, that sounds like a cw to me in your own YouTube post he says it around 5:40 mark lol, I guess you become death when he says 50/50 weight but yea you proved me wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by angad10 View Post
        this is weak sauce from canelo

i didnt expect him to ***** out like this. he is a warrior and if he beats cotto then he should man up like the aztec warrior he is and fight ggg at 160.

he walks around heavier than gennady ffs
        The comment below is weak sauce to me.....

Originally posted by angad10 View Post
        he walks around heavier than gennady ffs
        Canelo's walk-around weight is not even relevant, it has no bearing at all.

The total amount of functional muscle-mass and conditioning that you can take into a fight will be determined at the official weigh-in.

Canelo has never trained to fight at 160, when he does he will be much stronger..... and Canelo has never fought a middleweight opponent.

Its not about being an Aztec warrior or any of that shht.

Boxing doesn't work like that.

Comment

• HERE WE GO!!! Win A MW Title & Don't Want To Defend At 160!!! Give Up The Belt Then!!

A bit premature. Canelo has not stopped Cotto yet, but he will. Canelo first divulged he has "no problem" fighting GGG, but now as we get closer, on the heels of Gennady giving Lemieux a beatdown, NOW Canelo starts hedging his thoughts just like Cotto has already said; not fighting GGG at 160. To go one further, Cotto won't fight Gennady at ANY weight. THEN quit talking about GGG. He owns nearly all the titles at 160, wants to unify at 160. If you have to stall and wait until you grow some hair on your sack, in hopes someone else beats GGG first so you don't have to make the fight, then go with that, but give up the belt you strategically challenged a shot, 40 yr old, injury prone Sergio Martinez well past his prime for. It's a 160lb title. Defend it at 160 ya puzzies.

Comment

• canelo ducking already! just hope that cotto beats him now!

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              I dont even think its an issue.....

FACT: a reasonable catchweight request from a guy who weighs 153, to a guy who stated that he can make 154, should not kill that fight.

They will make tonnes of money from that fight, who cares how they spend it.
              Funny thing is, Roach is saying Cotto will take the fight at 160.

I'm starting to give Cotto much more respect if he is saying that.

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              "GGG doesn't have to agree to the 155. He'll still get belt, and it can't go lower than 155". ..................So the catchweight is 155 but no one can weigh UNDER 155 either? Really?

I think you need to do alot more research.
              They won't sanction it under 155. I know that's what he said. Can you think of a contracted MW fight that was under 155?

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
              You keep saying he never said cw out his mouth, his exact words are 50/50 money and 50/50 weight he will fight ward, that sounds like a cw to me in your own YouTube post he says it around 5:40 mark lol, I guess you become death when he says 50/50 weight but yea you proved me wrong
              Ok **** it, I'm not listening again.

Even if he said it, it's not the same situation. They are in two divisions.

I somehow missed it. But I don't feel like going back.

So I'll go off that assumption.

Why isn't that fair if they are not fighting for a title in either division.

Ward is a LHW (172 last fight), and GGG weighs as much as Canelo.

Canelo is trying to drain a guy who weighs the same as him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
                A bit premature. Canelo has not stopped Cotto yet, but he will. Canelo first divulged he has "no problem" fighting GGG, but now as we get closer, on the heels of Gennady giving Lemieux a beatdown, NOW Canelo starts hedging his thoughts just like Cotto has already said; not fighting GGG at 160. To go one further, Cotto won't fight Gennady at ANY weight. THEN quit talking about GGG. He owns nearly all the titles at 160, wants to unify at 160. If you have to stall and wait until you grow some hair on your sack, in hopes someone else beats GGG first so you don't have to make the fight, then go with that, but give up the belt you strategically challenged a shot, 40 yr old, injury prone Sergio Martinez well past his prime for. It's a 160lb title. Defend it at 160 ya puzzies.
                It's a real possibility that Canelo could get knocked out by Cotto.
                Chins don't get better over time especially when the guy is cutting so much weight.
                This whole thing could become a disaster lol

Comment

Funny thing is, Roach is saying Cotto will take the fight at 160.

I'm starting to give Cotto much more respect if he is saying that.

They won't sanction it under 155. I know that's what he said. Can you think of a contracted MW fight that was under 155?

Ok **** it, I'm not listening again.

Even if he said it, it's not the same situation. They are in two divisions.

I somehow missed it. But I don't feel like going back.

So I'll go off that assumption.

Why isn't that fair if they are not fighting for a title in either division.

Ward is a LHW (172 last fight), and GGG weighs as much as Canelo.

Canelo is trying to drain a guy who weighs the same as him.
                  Ward did a comeback fight after almost 2 hrs off at 172, was that weight 3 weeks before fight have gone on record saying can still make 168 and is what super champ at 168 a title will be on line and it's no assumption he said it I even gave you around what time to listen to him say it in the YouTube post you put up to try and prove me wrong, face it that a-side talk is coming back to bite him in ass should of just kept that little smile on his face and not ventured into the business aspects to avoid a fight

Comment

• Boxing Politics

Really disappointed to hear Canelo make such an outlandish remark...the guy is 30 days away from fighting for the lineal middleweight championship and weighs 167 lbs. How the **** does he not consider himself a middleweight? With that being said, there is now less incentive to pay money to watch Cotto-Canelo, knowing that belt is being vacated no matter what the outcome. Considering how Matthysse just got blasted, I don't blame De La Hoya for being overly cautious with his only remaining cash cow, but as always boxing fans are the ones who suffer.

All these people on here making "little G" remarks are hysterical. Your idol's dullness in the ring is only surpassed by his "skills" in dishing out insults. How long did it take someone to think that s*it up? I understand the whole demographic loyalty, everyone is guilty of that to an extent, but who in all honesty is really entertained by the "punch, clinch, punch clinch" style? Who watches any sport solely to see good defense? Offense is what has always entertained the masses.

Comment

GGG never mentions a CW.

GGG has never publically asked him for a CW.
                      I cant believe some of the shht you talk.....

" Andre Ward Must Go to 164 or No Fight..... "
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...o-fight--93850

" We'd Fight Ward at 164, 50-50 Split "
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...0-split--93258

" He works at 168. I’m 160. I think [fighting in the] middle is very correct, not 160, not 168. 164 is very correctly. " Golovkin said
                      sportsnews.com/boxing-mma/golovkin-insists-andre-ward-must-fight-him-at-164/7948

Comment

Working...
                      X