No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why the outrage??

isnt the middleweight division anything above 154? well how is this cowardly or ducking?

so if golovkin is at a disadvantage at 155 then if floyd beats him at 154 you guys will use weight as an excuse right?

abel sanchez said anyone from 154-164 can get it. well what exactly is the problem then?

155 IS the middleweight division. this is not a duck move.

go down to 155, knock canelo out and you the man now, see how simple that is.

Comment

• I looked at every one of golovkins weights since turned pro and the lightest he has ever been was 159.....he really is a true middleweight and now looking at it....I don't think he can make 155......it's an awful lot of weight when your already bang on 160 and ripped...losing this 4 extra pounds would probably cause you more damage than good and would really affect you come fight time....maybe he could if had a proper dietician and structure for it.......really u only had to look at lemeuix and he weighed more and yet golovkin looked a weight above......I think 157 if there has to be a catch weight is fairer than 155.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
        I don't know how you can accept GGG demanding Ward to drop to 164 then be against this. Same logic applies:

1. Canelo is the A-side
        2. GGG needs Canelo more than Canelo needs him
        3. GGGs team said anybody from 154-168
        4. They called out welterweight Floyd at 154 but why not Canelo? The money will likely be the same since Floyd would demand a 98/2 split.

Not saying I personally support this. But don't be a hypocrite
        Exactly. His same fanboys crying about this were ****ting on Ward. I don't agree with this but GGG's team needs to learn to shut up FFS. I mean less than a week ago "Anyone from 154-160". Does that mean any 154 pounders will HAVE to move up to fight him? Double standards at their finest.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          No matter how many times you repeat that statement, it wont stop being wrong.

A "path to stardom" comes from beating an already popular fighter with a large fanbase (Oscar, Floyd, Pac, Cotto, Canelo, etc) It does NOT come from beating a very talented but relatively unknown (to the casuals) fighter such as Ward........
          I didn't post "A path to stardom", I posted "His path to stardom"-referring specifically to GGG. I agree with you that is how stars are usually made

GGG has not gotten those fights and it appears (given ODH saying 1-2 years and then this thread) that he will not get these fights. THis being the case, he has to take a different path.

GGG's path to stardom appears to go through Andre Ward and then going back to 160 whether he wins or loses, for a potential big money fight with Canelo (again you nor I think Cotto will fight him if he wins).

If he doesn't fight Ward, he will be in with Lee, heiland, Tureano Johnson level fighters. Those will not make you a star.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-22-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Judah won the lineal middleweight title? Now youre just making stuff up......
            OOps, thanks lineal WW title. I will edit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
              why the outrage??

isnt the middleweight division anything above 154? well how is this cowardly or ducking?

so if golovkin is at a disadvantage at 155 then if floyd beats him at 154 you guys will use weight as an excuse right?

abel sanchez said anyone from 154-164 can get it. well what exactly is the problem then?

U talk crap

Comment

• Goddamnit Canelo, get it together man smh

Comment

• 157lbs should make it happen, I think either man Cotto or Canelo get bowled over but I'm surprised to see Canelo showing fear of GGG.

Comment

• Feel that on your backside GGG? That you getting bit in the ass! Should have told team to keep mouth shut but oh well.

GGG isnt the star he thought he was and both Cotto & Canelo will give him the B-Side treatment.

Love watching the usual NSB flip-flop going on. Saw it coming from miles

Comment

• Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      why the outrage??

so is 156, 157, 158, 159...

Comment

Working...
                      X