No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    In case Canelo wins (who knows?), GGG would have to sort this out -- catchweight, guaranteed purse, PPV split, a.s.o.
    ... That's how it works...
    I think MIguel will win

In which case gennady will have his hands full

Cotto is even more difficult at the negotiation table. Legend has it that Floyd gave Miguel some freebies at the start in good faith

Comment

• Canelo is literally one of the top 3 biggest frauds in boxing atm.

Comment

• 155 is a bit steep, the only reason Canelo is doing this is to gain an advantage from draining GGG, thats the only reason. He weighs more on fight night that Golovkin!

Comment

• Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
          Canelo is literally one of the top 3 biggest frauds in boxing atm.
          While Saul has been handed tons of **** on a silver platter, his opposition overall has been better than that of gennady's

If Saul is a big fraud, gennady would be a giant hypejob

Comment

• -- hahaha...All of this is on the WBC for being greedy and trying to be slick. A Champion from any organization don't become a mandatory challenger to another organization's belt. He can challenge another champion to become undisputed at a weight but no organization is in the obligation to covert a champion of another organization to a mandatory challenger.

-- Also, organizations can easily impose a rule that prevents "A Sides" (champions or challengers) to impose catch-weights on title fights, but they too greedy to do so. They usually wash their hands by saying that they can't intervene in between teams negotiations.

-- Cotto gets a lot of hate for this but the likes of Leonard, ODH, Floyd, Pacquiao, and others have done it too.

-- On Canelo making this statement, I was expecting it. I saw an interview of Oscar a few months back where he stated that Canelo-GGG fight would take place 1-2 yrs down the road!

-- I think Canelo is giving GGG team a reality check that if he beats Cotto and GGG wants to fight him it'll be under his terms, period!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              While Saul has been handed tons of **** on a silver platter, his opposition overall has been better than that of gennady's

If Saul is a big fraud, gennady would be a giant hypejob
              GGG might be overhyped but Canelo's entire career has been undeserved and has been handed shady decisions in his "biggest" wins (Trout, Lara). The guy is a ****ing joke and now comes out with this bs.

It's sad cause i was juuuuuuussst about to start being a fan of his too.

Comment

• It don't matter WTF you can weigh. If your coming up in weight and never truly fought at it then work your way into it. Ggg has been a MW for his entire carreer. Unlike both Saul/cotto! Fk gtards he weighed 172 30 days before the fight with Murray and that EASILY a Smw! I see nothing wrong with Saul getting his feet wet 1-2 fights against real MW who way 15-20 more than 160. God damn ggg spends all YEAR training to fight every month... Wonder WTF he would REALLY way if he fought 1-2x a year like the rest???

Comment

• G-Tards way WORSE than *******s x1000.

Comment

• DAMN!!!! They censor the manny "T" word??? Wow!

Comment

• What the hell does he plan on doing with the belts should he win? Make everyone fight at a made up weight class? Pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X