Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how you can accept GGG demanding Ward to drop to 164 then be against this. Same logic applies:

1. Canelo is the A-side
    2. GGG needs Canelo more than Canelo needs him
    3. GGGs team said anybody from 154-168
    4. They called out welterweight Floyd at 154 but why not Canelo? The money will likely be the same since Floyd would demand a 98/2 split.

Not saying I personally support this. But don't be a hypocrite

Comment

• What a ****ing joke. Pretty sure Canelo comes in at around or heavier than does GGG when in the ring. Yet he wants to win a lineal title, but make the guy fight at a catchweight of 155? Seriously? Love the diva attitude guys have adapted over the last several years. I'm sure GGG could make the weight, but why even say that? Is Canelo really that scared that he needs to see if he can get a possibly weaker version of Golovkin in order to fight him?

Now I'm hoping that Canelo wins and that Golovkin accepts the catch weight and punishes Canelo and ruins his prime. That would be just due karma

Comment

• If triple golovkin can make 155 without killing himself and epically listening want canelo had I would batter him and send him back to juarez with his swede on a pole already...I hate this about boxing I really do...I can't understand people defending him over this and I think the most ignorant thing is the man don't even want to learn English and just speaks Mexican ......now I don't like him......i completely ignored the fact he was a ginger.......but in the UK it's different here Gingers have to pay more tax and they stink of urine

Comment

• If he doesnt want to fight GGG then he should just say so. Claiming you're not ready for MW yet you're bigger than GGG just makes you look like a duck.

GGG should call his bluff. Say fine lets get it on at 155. Lets see what their next excuse will be.
          Last edited by Deevel916; 10-22-2015, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            I don't know how you can accept GGG demanding Ward to drop to 164 then be against this. Same logic applies:

1. Canelo is the A-side
            4. They called out welterweight Floyd at 154 but why not Canelo? The money will likely be the same since Floyd would demand a 98/2 split.

What if GGG signs the fight for 155 and Canelo shows up at 159.6?

Comment

• Originally posted by No Tomorrow View Post
              What a ****ing joke. Pretty sure Canelo comes in at around or heavier than does GGG when in the ring. Yet he wants to win a lineal title, but make the guy fight at a catchweight of 155? Seriously? Love the diva attitude guys have adapted over the last several years. I'm sure GGG could make the weight, but why even say that? Is Canelo really that scared that he needs to see if he can get a possibly weaker version of Golovkin in order to fight him?

Now I'm hoping that Canelo wins and that Golovkin accepts the catch weight and punishes Canelo and ruins his prime. That would be just due karma
              On the one hand it doesn't make sense because Canelo has often been above 170lbs on fight night, above GGG's fighting weight at times. But on the other hand he is used to making 155 and Golovkin isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                GGG is not wrong, he's just not going to get it. And Canelo won't care about the belt. So you take the belt away and you have the A-side asking for a catchweight. Is he wrong? No. There's a compromise to be had in there.
                I understand what u are saying, BUT Canelo will lost all respect in the eyes of everyone and GGG will have gained that much respect + GGG will be 1 step close to be the only undisputed champ today.

Comment

I don't know how you can accept GGG demanding Ward to drop to 164 then be against this. Same logic applies:

1. Canelo is the A-side

Middleweight

Why is this so hard for you people to understand?

Comment

1. Canelo is the A-side

Of course. Floyd doesn't get defended here. GGG called for Floyd, a (3 time 154 champ), at 154. Who is only the biggest draw in boxing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Then as usual, every Floyd fan compares GGG asking a 3 time champion to fight in the champs weightclass, to GGG fighting Ward in a weightclass he's never fought at. Absolutely no comparison there.

GGG doesn't need Canelo. And it's not even guaranteed Canelo will beat Cotto. I don't see why GGG should fight another middleweight champion at 155 though. 1lb above a lower weight class?? To be somewhat fair they could have said 158. That's compatible to Roach wanting Cotto at 148 for Pacman. Chicken $#!t for real.

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                      30 days out, GGG is 165 for a fight at 160
                      30 days out Canelo is 168.7 for a fight at 155

Maybe Canelo would have less trouble cutting the weight because he's used to it. How many times can he go to that well though before it catches up to him?

Canelo sitting around over Christmas waiting for a fight in May while GGG is back in the gym training for a fight in February.
                      Be careful what you wish for indeed.
                      This is sig worthy

Comment

Working...
                      X