Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Kovalev blatant duck to avoid the unification of all LHW championship belts.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Stevenson is no saint, but reality is, the fight was getting made with the purse bid duva clamored for, but then backed out because she couldn't win it..

Like I said before, of the hbo deal is so great, then they should have been able to secure the purse bid. But they didn't and robbed kovolev of a career high payday..

And what do you mean "you can't say it's a career high payday". Wtf

What do you think pays more, kovolev-stevenson to the highest bidder or kovolev-mohammeddi on hbo...

Every fight this year on HBO, kovolev would have made more in one night vs stevenson
    Who's saying HBO is so great? You're the only one saying that. All people said was that Kovalev is in a great position with HBO. No one said HBO was the bestest most superdubously great network you're talking about.

And of course I can say for certain that you can't guarantee it's going to be his career payday anymore. Because there's a strong possibility that Roc Nation gives Kovalev a career payday that might be more than what a purse bid could have given him. We're talking about the same Roc Nation that has already outbid Haymon once. They can bascially do it again by guaranteeing Kovalev a high purse against Ward that might be worth more than Haymon's purse bid (and it's a purse from Roc Nation he might not get if he were to lose to Stevenson).
    Last edited by Raonic; 10-22-2015, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Say what you want , but Kov team had their chance to put Stevenson in the ring (win or lose the purse bid) and they blew it , they wouldnt be the first team to lose a purse bid in this sport....HBO locking down Kovalev is more of Duva trying to be loyal there cannot be a contract in which they lose the bid and ordered by WBC to fight on PBC but cant (probably some boxing rule somewhere) , its probably on the lines "Duva if you go to the bid and lose we will kill you , better not even try" , **** Duva and HBO for screwing the fight thats all..... go to the bid and let the boxers get overpayed and have a great fight .....

Comment

I thought Suva had the Russian billionaire backers? What happened to that. Must have been blowing smoke

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
          Stevenson supposedly ran away to Haymon for the "Big Fights" like Pascal and BHop and not because he was ducking Kovalev.
          So far, Kovalev has fought BHop, Pascal, and is getting ready to fight Pascal again lol
          Boy! wake up, Pascal & B-Hop are nothing.
          Jean Pascal is a profiteer who have won only one significant fight in his career with a deliberate headbutt; defeated by Froch, Hopkins and by Kovalev. This impostor loses against all division tops besides Yunieski Gonzales. And about Hopkins, he's not a young man nor a man, he's an old man on glucosamine and calcium supplements who also beats Jean Pascal. A 50 year old guy, Kovalev couldn't knock out...
          Now genius, who did Kovalev fought, Who?

It only takes 1 clean left, One...

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
            Who's saying HBO is so great? You're the only one saying that. All people said was that Kovalev is in a great position with HBO. No one said HBO was the bestest most superdubously great network you're talking about.

And of course I can say for certain that you can't guarantee it's going to be his career payday anymore. Because there's a strong possibility that Roc Nation gives Kovalev a career payday that might be more than what a purse bid could have given him. We're talking about the same Roc Nation that has already outbid Haymon once. They can bascially do it again by guaranteeing Kovalev a high purse against Ward that might be worth more than Haymon's purse bid (and it's a purse from Roc Nation he might not get if he were to lose to Stevenson).

It would have been a career high payday.. 2015 pay day vs stevenson,,, or some hypothetical fight vs inactive Ward after Ward has 3 tune ups and fight late 2016 early 2017.

If duva wasn't a chump, kovolev couldn't have already been paid big and knocked out stevenson (probably on national TV thru PBC), and then been the A-side vs anyone and collected another hige check from Ward in late 2016..

You can't justify throwing away a legacy fight and career high payday for some hypothetical fight that may happen 2 years later..

Kovolev and duva had their shot at getting stevenson in the ring, and they passed on it.... That is a fact

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
              Boy! wake up, Pascal & B-Hop are nothing.
              Jean Pascal is a profiteer who have won only one significant fight in his career with a deliberate headbutt; defeated by Froch, Hopkins and by Kovalev. This impostor loses against all division tops besides Yunieski Gonzales. And about Hopkins, he's not a young man nor a man, he's an old man on glucosamine and calcium supplements who also beats Jean Pascal. A 50 year old guy, Kovalev couldn't knock out...
              Now genius, who did Kovalev fought, Who?

It only takes 1 clean left, One...
              So where are all these "Big Fights" Stevenson ran away from the Kovalev fight and signed with Haymon for?

Comment

Man your stretching.... its OK to criticize Duva and Kovalev , i like Kov MUCH more then stevenson , but the way it played out they messed it up not the old candian , if things continue this way the guy will retire and they wont fight which will be ashame wanted to see Kovalev KO his ass

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
                  Man your stretching.... its OK to criticize Duva and Kovalev , i like Kov MUCH more then stevenson , but the way it played out they messed it up not the old candian , if things continue this way the guy will retire and they wont fight which will be ashame wanted to see Kovalev KO his ass
                  I'm fine with criticizing. I'm just telling it like how it is.

If you want to criticize Duva for backing out of a purse bid, go for it. I already did. To portray that as ducking is pretty ridiculous though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    It would have been a career high payday.. 2015 pay day vs stevenson,,, or some hypothetical fight vs inactive Ward after Ward has 3 tune ups and fight late 2016 early 2017.

If duva wasn't a chump, kovolev couldn't have already been paid big and knocked out stevenson (probably on national TV thru PBC), and then been the A-side vs anyone and collected another hige check from Ward in late 2016..

You can't justify throwing away a legacy fight and career high payday for some hypothetical fight that may happen 2 years later..

Kovolev and duva had their shot at getting stevenson in the ring, and they passed on it.... That is a fact
                    The contracts for the 2016 PPV fight is practically signed... Why do you think Ward took so long?

I never said Duva and Kovalev didn't pass on a shot at Stevenson. I said that doesn't mean they ducked him because it was more based on network issues than anything.

Comment

The contracts for the 2016 PPV fight is practically signed... Why do you think Ward took so long?

I never said Duva and Kovalev didn't pass on a shot at Stevenson. I said that doesn't mean they ducked him because it was more based on network issues than anything.
                      It was based more on that they thought they were gonna lose the bid... If the hbo deal is so lucrative, it should have been able to land Kovolev his biggest fight..
                      Honestly on PPv kovolev-Ward does just about the same amount of business as kovolev-Stevenson would do on PPv ...

Comment

Working...
                      X