Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Kovalev blatant duck to avoid the unification of all LHW championship belts.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing something? 50-50 for this fight seems more than fair all things told.
    It's weird when the guy who is the bigger star offers the other guy 50-50. The other guy refuses that and yet the bigger star is the one accused of ducking...

Why doesn't Stevenson just say ok to 50-50?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
      Am I missing something? 50-50 for this fight seems more than fair all things told.
      It's weird when the guy who is the bigger star offers the other guy 50-50. The other guy refuses that and yet the bigger star is the one accused of ducking...

Because Stevenson is a PBC fighter and Al Haymon isn't spending that trust fund money for PBC air time so his guys can go get knocked out on HBO lol.
      Same reason(among others) Lara isn't going to fight GGG on HBO.

Comment

the purse split was 50-50 as well but stevenson would prefer 100 percent of zero instead. haymon is supposed to be a "manager" who works in the best interests of his clients. if haymon was really a "manager" he would get one of his sham promoters to put up the money and put the fight on hbo to make his fighter happy since that is his job. but we know hes not a "manager" he's trying a power move with this pathetic pbc crap and if his fighter loses out on money so be it. he did the same exact thing to quillin and sunk his career. he's also trying to get all of kovalev's belts by making him vacate instead of actually winning them in the ring when they were offered fights against him on hbo.

Comment

Everyone knows Stevenson ran to Haymon and got away from HBO after the network was already setting the unification fight up. Lol only trolls try to use the purse bid as a way to save face for Super Duck. They couldn't win it so they backed out. Yeah, they looked stupid but don't be naive. You all know who ran away from HBO. Stevenson wants no part of this fight. Doesn't even wanna get in with Pascal. But will fight lesser talented fighters than Pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Everyone knows Stevenson ran to Haymon and got away from HBO after the network was already setting the unification fight up. Lol only trolls try to use the purse bid as a way to save face for Super Duck. They couldn't win it so they backed out. Yeah, they looked stupid but don't be naive. You all know who ran away from HBO. Stevenson wants no part of this fight. Doesn't even wanna get in with Pascal. But will fight lesser talented fighters than Pascal.
            Are you ******ed, Kovalev had the WBO belt back then.
            Stevenson had the WBC, and Hopkins had the IBF and WBA. To become the Undisputed Champion of a division, a boxer need the IBF, WBA & WBC; you didn't know.
            HBO never setup the 5 belt unification fight, stop protecting your coward.

Comment

Stevenson will probably try to get a fight with Cleverly next.

"Cleverly was robbed against Fonfara....former world champ....I will KO him."

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                Stevenson will probably try to get a fight with Cleverly next.

"Cleverly was robbed against Fonfara....former world champ....I will KO him."
                pbc has a lot of good fighters at 175....yet they aren't fighting each other so why in the world would anyone think they would fight non-pbc fighters?

Comment

12/19/2014 - Light heavyweight: Champion Adonis Stevenson has an optional defense against Dmitry Sukhotsky on Friday night and the winner can take one more optional defense. But, in a highly unusual move, the WBC accepted a proposal made by Main Events promoter Kathy Duva that the winner of the March 14 fight between three-belt titlist Sergey Kovalev and former champion Jean Pascal become the WBC mandatory challenger. Organizations typically do not rank titleholders from other organizations, but the WBC made an exception -- and a welcome one -- in an effort to force Stevenson into fighting the Kovalev-Pascal winner. If the sides do not make a deal and it goes to a purse bid the split will be 50-50, another highly unusual move because usually a WBC titleholder is entitled to no less than 60 percent in a purse bid.

Stevenson or Haymon have no problem with the 50/50 split, the main condition from the WBC is really simple, it's 50/50 period, if it goes to a purse bid. Means on any network (Showtime, PBC or HBO), it would stay half & half.
                  Be careful, team Duva are bluffers, liars, I mean lawyers playing with words; and your Sergey Kovalev endorse their cunning pretty damn well.

ESPN cuts 300 jobs, I guess Dan Rafael accepted his salary decrease.
                  Last edited by TheThirdEye; 10-23-2015, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
                    Are you ******ed, Kovalev had the WBO belt back then.
                    Stevenson had the WBC, and Hopkins had the IBF and WBA. To become the Undisputed Champion of a division, a boxer need the IBF, WBA & WBC; you didn't know.
                    HBO never setup the 5 belt unification fight, stop protecting your coward.
                    You're a dumb ass bro. Smh when did I say anything about the other titles??? I said unification not undisputed.

Comment

Where is the duck? 50/50 is ridiculous given how superior Kovalev's career has been since they both got belts.

By the way: Pascal is better than Stevenson. Hopkins is better than Stevenson.

Stevenson's best wins (and after that it drops off into no-name territory) are Fonfara and Dawson. He boxes in a sideshow circuit protected from the real division.

Comment

Working...
                      X