No announcement yet.

Cotto getting beat up in camp?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
    Sparring is sparring. Sure things can be read into it to a certain extent but it is apples and oranges kind of. I mean I spar with guys who give me hell and if we really fought they wouldn't last 3 rounds with me. Sparring is just a different animal altogether. You work on technique, defense, footwork and you usually only go 40-60% of your speed/power. Sometimes a little more but no one does (or should ever be) sparring at 100%.
    Sure you box, boxers in gyms go at it what I seen, take Mike Tyson he would the crap out his sparring partners No one goes 40% on power or speed unless your a heavyweight sparring a light weight

Comment

http://youtu.be/u8S-1YjLAOc

Men i knew it. Who the **** is beating him up in sparring? Or is that **** normal? Wtf

Comment

I read it as he's putting in quality work and making an effort to actually use the sparring to his benefit because this is going to be one of the hardest fights of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
          I read it as he's putting in quality work and making an effort to actually use the sparring to his benefit because this is going to be one of the hardest fights of his career.
          Where did you read that?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
            http://youtu.be/u8S-1YjLAOc

Men i knew it. Who the **** is beating him up in sparring? Or is that **** normal? Wtf
            it is very clear on that video, cottos face is so fragile that not even a headgear will protect him... i mean featherfisted trout had that face looking like pizza..

Comment

I'm sure even Sugar Ray Robinson had several black eyes in sparring.

Comment

It's how Roach crafts his fighters, trial through fire, they come out reborn and usually better than we've ever seen.

Comment

well there you have it..bet all your money on Cotto..everytime we hear someone is getting beat up in camp they dominate

Comment

Look..if you are not getting good work in sparring you are not getting better..lol It is like in Basketball if you are not getting work in practice then what is the point??? You have to be pushed in order to get to that next level...Honestly i do not think most people on this forum have ever competed in sports period

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
                      Where did you read that?
                      It's a synonym for "I Interpret"

Comment

Working...
                      X