No announcement yet.

Roman Gonzalez hype job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40+ and 0 against world class comp in several weight classes

best offense in boxing. one of the best combination punchers i've seen live.

hype job, for sure.

Comment

you really don' have ot know boxing to understand how good this kid is.

watch 10 fights for world titles.

he's going to be the only guy who throws 8 punch combinations
      promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        Nobody is questioning his ability but to say he is P4P 1 and not hyped is stupid especially on level of opposition faced.
        His opposition is definitely better than Golovkin's.

Comment

Yeah I think so too, he got hurt by that good body punch Viloria landed I mean its not like Viloria has tremendous power.
          Part of me is unsure on whether Gonzalez stood there to be hit early on because he didn't fear his power or was it really a case of Viloria knowing what he was doing.
          Japan has the biggest hotbed of talent no one bothers to look at. Roman need to get his balls up, and stop ducking inoue.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            His opposition is definitely better than Golovkin's.
            His opponents faced are undoubtedly being overrated to suit the criteria to rating him as number 1 P4P, lighter divisions definitely have talent but less risk and nobody in his current division has the power he does.

Estrada and Viloria are being rated above the likes of Martin Murray?
            I don't care what you say but I know that's absolute B.S.

Like Brush said he needs to move up 2/3lbs and go over to Japan he is right you know they do have a lot of talented boxers down at those weights which Roman has fought little of.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
              So this is a racist comment against blacks right? I'm not sure if you're Filipino, but until coming on this website, I've always known Filipino people to be a nice, sweet accepting people. Posts like these make me sick.

You really think that of black people? This is crazy. We root for our fighters, let's leave there.
              Read again Floydturds which is ghetto trash
              Last edited by Luilun; 10-21-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Dem doods at HBO b' trippin!!!!

Only showtime fighters managed by my homie Haymon b' da real deal! all these other bums b TRIPPIN!

Comment

His opponents faced are undoubtedly being overrated to suit the criteria to rating him as number 1 P4P, lighter divisions definitely have talent but less risk and nobody in his current division has the power he does.

Like Brush said he needs to move up 2/3lbs and go over to Japan he is right you know they do have a lot of talented boxers down at those weights which Roman has fought little of.
                  Viloria and Estrada actually beat world class guys and not just fight a few like Murray

Both them dudes are two weight title holders and won exciting fights as well

Murray???

Comment

Jesus Christ...

Comment

No. He's a proper quality fighter and deserves every ounce of praise he's getting. Absolutely phenomenal skill set.

Hype jobs are people being praised far above their ability levels and quality of opposition, and being pushed into opportunities they're unworthy of getting. Obvious examples would be Adrien Broner and Andre Berto, guys who were obviously very flawed and putting in poor performances that continually exposed their weaknesses yet were still heavily promoted and given a level of network-backed respect not commensurate with their generally perceived worth among the boxing public at large.

It's very difficult to look at Gonzalez and notice any sorts of flaws at all. Nor has anyone come along to really challenge him in any way, despite him having taken on a pretty high standard of opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X