Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roman Gonzalez hype job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was expecting either dontaeboxing or a pro black or black floyd fan making a video, and as usual I was correct. the black guy made a video because someone on TV or HBO said Roman was better than Floyd, anytime you say someone is better than Floyd or the new p4p best, who is not BLACK, they will call that guy a hype job or bum and discredit all his wins.
    All this guys videos are dissing Golovkin and Kovalev

Comment

I aint saying he is a Hype job but he aint trying to sqaure up with Estrada unless he get that severance package.

Comment

Roman Gonzalez is a genuinely excellent fighter but I could certainly understand people arguing that he is getting a bit too much credit and that Wlad deserves the #1 P4P recognition instead.
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-20-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Ducking Amnat, Estrada, and Inoue. He thinks he's worth millions, but you gotta build up first.

Comment

He looks like a great fighter in the ring to me and he has an amazing record. I don't think he is a hype job.

Comment

Chocolatito is the real deal. I went to the first fight with Estrada. Personally, I'd love to see a rematch. I just think Gonzalez would win the rematch by a wider margin.

Comment

how does this "slick" bull**** stay relevant?

how many truly "slick" fighters have even had good careers recently? 1 or 2?

most of them get their **** pushed in before they break the top 5

you can't measure people against a style that barely ever works just because one guy made it work for him
                Last edited by ////; 10-21-2015, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Look, for anyone who has followed boxing for a number of years, it won't come as a surprise that those extremely small divisions, especially below 122, have a far smaller talent pool. Meaning, that guys even with slightly above average skill sets and attributes can do very well and many guys trade wins and losses back and forth. Having said that, Roman has looked imperious at times and based purely on what one sees (not necessarily opposition, just the skills), there is no doubt he is one of the better skilled fighters down there and across all divisions.

If one says he is p4p no. 1, then that's probably a massive contribution to hype. But top 10-20 or lower top 10, I can see.

Comment

Nobody is a hype job untill they lose. If broner beat maidana and porter he wouldn't be a hype job. Maybe in the eyes of some, but they would want him pushed and pushed untill he did lose. Look at ggg for example. Hype generates hate and hate generates money!
                    Before this hbo thing roman was just known by little but known as a guy with awesome skill and style. Now the media hypw him and people start hating on him! Which equals $$$. It's not really his fault at all. He just done his thing the whole time.
                    All in all i guess time will tell. I personally like offensive styles which make for exciting fights. So i'm happy either way!!!
                    Weird though that i do see a mix in the hate for him. Floyd and pac fans don't like him, which i figured pac fans would like him due to his offensive style. I used floyd/pac because them fans seem to collide with the whole offence/defence side of things!
                    Thats my two cents worth anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                      He is ducking Inoue.
                      Well he has pretty much dominated his division there isn't really much left maybe a rematch with Estrada that's about all that is left.

Inoue would test him and those guys above him likely wouldn't wilt as quick as the current guys he's fighting.
                      If Roman moves up and dominates the division above then they'd have a point about him deserving P4P 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X