No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    It was technology which killed the PPV business model -- nobody (except for Mayweather) was able to compete against the 'Internet streaming'.

... But let's wait for Cotto-Canelo...
    I don't totally disagree. But for anyone that's ever tried to stream a fight. If it's a fight you REALLY wanna fight, I doubt seriously you're gonna stream. It's just way too inconsistent a model to chance if you really wanna watch a fight and can afford the PPV ticket.

Comment

• ... Is it 'by mistake' that Al Haymon chose to spin off the "PPV business model"?
      ... Many here think that Haymon really is a boxing business genius... Then why he chose to go for the "free TV" business model instead?

Comment

... Is it 'by mistake' that Al Haymon chose to spin off the "PPV business model"?
        ... Many here think that Haymon really is a boxing business genius... Then why he chose to go for the "free TV" business model instead?
        You just answered your own question.

Comment

• Originally posted by carloscruz10009 View Post
          I don't totally disagree. But for anyone that's ever tried to stream a fight. If it's a fight you REALLY wanna fight, I doubt seriously you're gonna stream. It's just way too inconsistent a model to chance if you really wanna watch a fight and can afford the PPV ticket.
          I can't speak on behalf of the U.S. public...
          ... But I can tell you that I live in an Eastern-European country and my cable TV provider always aired Floyd's fights (with no extra fee attached)... As about all the other big fights (PPV or not) I was able to watch them live on the Internet since long ago...

Comment

• it wasn't really a ppv quality match-up. you want at least one fight that could go either way on a ppv unless you're talking mega-stars like mayweather and tyson. i'm pretty sure they only put this on ppv because they'd blown their budget and couldn't afford the purse otherwise. the good news is that golovkin-lee will now be on regular hbo

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              You just answered your own question.
              It was about two years ago when I first said here that PPV's ballroom days are over...

Comment

• This thread was a good read. Barcham and Kafkod, among others, showed themselves to be te worst kind of posters on NSB. We even had the usual "can't trust fighthype look at who owns it" stuff from Jubei.

I just wish certain posters could apply their own logic from years past. This was not a compelling matchup so people didn't buy it. Had GGG fought you know who here, he surely would've done more than 150k.

I'm just disappointed because I was hoping for a breakout PPV number.

PBP made a real good point-this doing below expectations may force better matchups on PPV and therefore relegate fights like this to WCB, showtime or BAD, which we as fans benefit from.

Comment

It was about two years ago when I first said here that PPV's ballroom days are over...
                  Everyone can see that. But that's not why this fight had disappointing sales. PPV is still somewhat viable for great matchups or stars and/or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Did people really think that?

Canelo,Cotto,Pac didn't crack that number unless they were fighting Mayweather And Floyd barely beat that against Berto...
                    ummm.....pac???

who got a million with ...hatton..marquez twice ,cotto, margarito , mosley and close to it with bradley ..he got over 400k with rios and algeri lmao

so....
                    your wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      This thread was a good read. Barcham and Kafkod, among others, showed themselves to be te worst kind of posters on NSB. We even had the usual "can't trust fighthype look at who owns it" stuff from Jubei.

I just wish certain posters could apply their own logic from years past. This was not a compelling matchup so people didn't buy it. Had GGG fought you know who here, he surely would've done more than 150k.

I'm just disappointed because I was hoping for a breakout PPV number.

PBP made a real good point-this doing below expectations may force better matchups on PPV and therefore relegate fights like this to WCB, showtime or BAD, which we as fans benefit from.

No you werent. If you were, you would be waiting for other sources to confirm what is being reported. But you didnt, since these figures support your agenda.

But now it almost doesnt even matter if these numbers are correct or not. The haters who want to believe 150k will believe it, and even if better numbers come out in the next day or 2 they will just say "K2 / HBO is just lying to make GGG look good doe"

Comment

Working...
                      X