Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
    yea, because cotto martinez happened after floyd manny
    exactly..that was stupid....posters on here laughed when Floyd-Maidana did 700 and 900k.........

Comment

Boxing's next Mega Star!

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post

I'll wait for Canelo-Cotto but Floyd-Manny may hurt boxing PPV overall.
        It was already declining before that mega fight. Pacquiao vs. Algieri did 300K to 400K buys as well.

Comment

I'd like to see some more notable people throw out this number before I take it as legit, but if its correct its definitely below my own expectations for this fight.

Idk that I'd consider it a failure. This seemed like a no lose situation for GGG & K2 & while 150k wouldn't be anything to get excited for it does still put him on the PPV map. I suppose there is a L to take vs guys like Manny & Floyd with their first PPV's, but then again Manny broke his PPV cherry vs Erik Morales & Floyd broke his PPV cherry vs Arturo Gatti & poor GGG had some hyped late bloomer or journeyman depending on who you talk to pre-fight.

Ultimately I think this shows that if you are gonna do a PPV you need a PPV opponent & I think many of us were already saying this from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
            yea, because cotto martinez happened after floyd manny
            Wow lol.......

Comment

Watch logic as it gets up and walks away from the table

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                lol..this is all damage control...all the sudden ppv is dying when ggg gets on it...lol
                What dog does Chris Mannix have in the race?

Stop the crusade Larry...what are you trying to prove anyway? If it did 150,000 it's obviously not what they expected and that's better for us. We would have been paying for him fighting Tuearano Johnson if it did like 300k.

This is bad for GGG and good for fans who don't like getting screwed. But you can't see that part of it, it's all about your hate of a guy apparently...

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  lol..this is all damage control...all the sudden ppv is dying when ggg gets on it...lol

The excuses will be unlimited and uniquely creative when the numbers are reported officially.

Comment

If these numbers hold true then Bumlovkin can just forget about a Cotto or Canelo fight.

I bet that Andre Ward fight is looking very tempting to K2 right about now. Ward vs "B" Side Bumlovkin coming Spring 2016.

Lol..

Comment

What the **** are you lot saying?

This is 2015, PPV isn't is what it was. GGG barely speaks English and there aren't any Kazakhs in the US. Lemieux isn't the greatest talker and not a huge name either. It didn't really get much publicity to be honest, it did when it was first announced but that was it.

The overwhelming majority of people knew GGG would win which is also not a good sign. The PPVs which sell best are ones where people think the fight is going to actually be competitive and a coin toss.

I figured it would do between that and 300K, did slightly less that I thought but factoring in the reasons I just used, it's understandable. GoldenBoy helped put on a great card but their promotion game needs to improve, online especially. Social Media, YouTube promos, interviews. It's criminal how promoters outside of the UFC neglect the internet.

Comment

Working...
                      X